NerfworXlab LPA NN-14 Rey Blaster Build

jedicri

Bought this kit back in late November of 2017. Work progress was slow and hindered by the fact that I didn’t have some essential tools. I also encounted some problems and challenges along the way since this was my first ever build and sound and light install. I got a lot of help from Aaron of Solo’s Hold and Scott of Crucible Custom Props (two of four that make up NerfworXlab BTW, the remaining being Obi-Shane and Darth Rÿo of Goth 3designs).
1C82CD04-DDDA-4734-BA63-B253BFC03945.jpegCA5BECD3-442C-431D-92BC-11C221465AAF.jpeg

I followed Goth 3designs instructions on building the blaster.
58B7A3EA-EA8F-44B4-80BE-956CA1C39FC4.jpeg0F72D137-B750-4BBA-A7AC-7C9ED2F246A1.jpegB849E086-9AA8-4204-8001-E3C23F30BF28.jpeg

Trigger and aux switches wired and mounted
E216EE9F-F9B1-4120-A490-34B88B0E95CA.jpeg1D8B5071-B05B-478F-ACA4-D4E1C89EED7B.jpeg3BAF65F2-0D16-43DE-B268-EF012F74E683.jpeg

This part was sent to Scott to mill out a resonance chamber (before and after pic)
91993259-DE01-4810-9D77-A3FCF6FB0746.jpeg58A050E5-5BE0-42AC-8920-6F4071B0C38B.jpeg

Used my crude drawing of the wiring schematic of my blaster to guide me in soldering the wires to the Blaster Core 5.0
9465360E-E553-4CFC-A685-3E20057B70C0.jpeg26713CA4-C469-487D-B89B-7288584422C0.jpeg0A93C48D-8731-42DF-B8D4-EF5AA7511423.jpeg

All wired up. Recharge port and SD card access
5BC8C27E-68A0-4549-92D4-8017AC88AB32.jpegD142A2EF-A51F-4B93-B155-501A61441EDD.jpeg

Used Tamiya clear blue and clear orange to simulate metal heating. Very, very lightly weathered the blaster.
95C2C506-DCB5-44B4-B2F9-1601D48C893F.jpeg199AD7E5-13C0-42D2-8CB9-6E2324C332D7.jpeg80B333D4-108E-43F4-B1BB-A69498AC74DE.jpeg1C477A44-1EF3-4AD9-A3EA-FAB564BA3AF0.jpeg

All done!
F0059992-1382-4126-B2EF-3FB743C1DC18.jpeg0DD4873C-EB07-4B0C-956E-C268E18C2ECE.jpegF50BC0AA-596A-4B4D-9CCF-E8ED2081C897.jpeg676CE1BD-6F02-4FB2-AE2E-A601D2A27114.jpeg

SPECS:
Plecter Blaster Core 5.0
5w RB LED
Rail Master 8 Ohm Speaker, DS1436-8
Solo’s Hold 7.4v 2x14500 Lithium Ion Battery Pack
Goth3designs V1 Chassis
2.1mm Recharge Port

I loaded 2 Rey blaster sound fonts created by Scott and Jordan of So-Cal Saber Services. The other 4 fonts are default to the board and I added a Boba Fett font.

Testing the board and LED wiring

There were 3 WIP videos prior to this final one but here is the final video of completed blaster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Omg this is so awesome! First of course the blaster, but second the photos and details of the assembly. So cool, so so so cool!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicely done! congrats :thumbsup

I also bought one in the junkyard recently. I'm having some trouble with mine but haven't contacted Solo hold yet because I didn't want to bother him with a second hand kit.
In my kit, I have 3 problems, can you tell me if you encountered them too?
- The two screws that hold the aux switch plate are a tiny bit too long and are blocking the switch from sliding.
- The three screws of the trigger and the two other on the same side are not T8 torx like the rest for some reason, they don't screw in the threaded holes and are too short to go through the other side. I can see that on yours the screws seem ok. Did you change them or they were good in the kit? It's a bit confusing too because it seems on the building video the screws are different than on the picture too.
- the screws holding the grips are a tiny tiny bit too long and the grips are moving just a little bit. This is the least important problem as I can just file a tiny bit the screws and it will be fine.
The person I bought the kit from is saying he provided all the parts included in the kit. I'm a little bit lost. :cry

good job again and sorry for the questions :$

Beautiful kit! You did a phenomenal job!! I always wanted this, but couldn’t swing it. Your a lucky man!

Thanks man!

- - - Updated - - -

Omg this is so awesome! First of course the blaster, but second the photos and details of the assembly. So cool, so so so cool!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I wish I had taken more. I actually forgot to take more on the last day when I was wiring up the board.

I also bought one in the junkyard recently. I'm having some trouble with mine but haven't contacted Solo hold yet because I didn't want to bother him with a second hand kit.
- The two screws that hold the aux switch plate are a tiny bit too long and are blocking the switch from sliding.

You need to grind these down flush so the switch slides through.

- The three screws of the trigger and the two other on the same side are not T8 torx like the rest for some reason, they don't screw in the threaded holes and are too short to go through the other side. I can see that on yours the screws seem ok. Did you change them or they were good in the kit? It's a bit confusing too because it seems on the building video the screws are different than on the picture too.

I used the screws that were supplied.

Rick used different screws for his. You should have the proper screws supplied.

If you’re unsure whether or not you have the proper screws, take a picture of all the screws, contact Aaron on FB or on TRA, and send him those pics. When I encountered problems during the build, I contacted Aaron and he was more than happy to assist me. We even did a video conferencing call when I had problems screwing those said screws through those plates.

This following quote from his Rey blaster Run post here: “If anyone needs me just shoot me a pm or email. or give me a call, 810-965-3086 or sales@soloshold.com
Thanks, Solo”

- the screws holding the grips are a tiny tiny bit too long and the grips are moving just a little bit. This is the least important problem as I can just file a tiny bit the screws and it will be fine.

The top screws are longer than the ones that screw on the bottom of the grips.

The person I bought the kit from is saying he provided all the parts included in the kit. I'm a little bit lost. :cry

Just an FYI, you’ll need to grind/sand the area where the aux switch slides, or even the aux switch itself.

If you have more questions, I don’t mind answering these if I can.

Last edited:
thanks a lot for your answer,
this is already confirming that the aux switch screws are a tiny bit too long. so I'll grind those and the grips screws. I know that the screw are of different length for the grips but they are still a bit too long and the grips are not held tight.

My biggest concern is still the trigger and 2 other screws, I definitely don't have the right ones and don't really know what to do to fix that. I'll contact Solo hold for that problem but don't want to bother him with a second hand kit as it might not be his fault.

thanks a lot :)

thanks a lot for your answer,
this is already confirming that the aux switch screws are a tiny bit too long. so I'll grind those and the grips screws. I know that the screw are of different length for the grips but they are still a bit too long and the grips are not held tight.

My biggest concern is still the trigger and 2 other screws, I definitely don't have the right ones and don't really know what to do to fix that. I'll contact Solo hold for that problem but don't want to bother him with a second hand kit as it might not be his fault.

thanks a lot :)

Ask Aaron for replacement screws. I had to ask him for extras when I broke off the head for one of the screws in the area you’re concerned with.

Wow, what an amazing build. Inspiring. I especially love the blue and orange heated metal look! I'm going to have to try that.

Ordered one for myself and will have to use your build as reference. Out of curiosity, how long did it take to get your kit?

Just got a kit from solo’s hold, and I’ve run into all 3 of these issues! Did you ever sort yours out?

Just got a kit from solo’s hold, and I’ve run into all 3 of these issues! Did you ever sort yours out?
Hey,
it's been a while and sadly I don't really remember. I think I never attached the aux switch so I maybe didn't fix that yet. I'm pretty sure I grounded the handle screws a bit...
good luck :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back