Stallone getting "Back" in shape at 71 for RAMBO V

This is the best news i've heard in ages!

I was so disappointed when Stallone said his body couldn't take another Rambo film a while back....

I just hope he continues with the ultra grit and realism of John Rambo....

And, as a prop lover, will he have a new knife?????

Rich

7ib9ZXX.jpg

Oh no!!! I really liked Rambo IV and felt like it ended Johns story beautifully. I can’t imagine this going well.

Excerpt of discussion with foreign scenarist :
To: ********** , ************** , ***************
Subject: Rambo : Last Blood (Back to the roots : Navajo Culture weapons)
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 18:40:57 -0400

"John Return to the source , Return to the Roots
--Red Navajo headband on Black on Black Hairs
--Navajo \ Jim Bowie Style knife with something with a RAVEN related item to it
(engraved Raven Head in the handle pommel or little attached skull as pictured in this email)
--Navajo style Bow
--Indian Stealth

Just when his Father and Grandfather showed him the Navajo Hunting in the wilderness
for a "No Country for old men" modern Lone Soldier Indian againts the Bad cowboys mexican Cartel who turned their
back from their background history to turn them into modern drugs & people trafficking world , i think it could be awesome
showing him this way for the final act ( cartel forteress intrusion to save the girl ? )

After many thoughts i dont know if i want to see this legendary icon die and pass away
Heros dont die after all.....

But I let you decide this point with Mr.Stallone

I just simply hope that my vision of him holding ancestral navajo weapons ( knife & bow ) and headband
could be something that could look very appropriated considering the place and tone you want to give to this last chapter
I wish you fun making this last installment
Sincerely Yours
************"
rambo.jpgLast Blood.jpgLast Blood (1).jpgLast Blood (2).jpgLast Blood (3).jpgLast Blood (4).jpgLast Blood (6).jpgLast Blood (8).jpg

rambo.jpg

Last Blood.jpg

Last Blood (1).jpg

Last Blood (2).jpg

Last Blood (3).jpg

Last Blood (4).jpg

Last Blood (6).jpg

Last Blood (8).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Stallone Getting "Back" in shape at 71 for RAMBO IV

I liked him in GOTG Vol. 2. But please, another cheesy macho punchfest Rambo movie? Spare us.

John Rambo Character have nothing to do with "Cheesy Macho Punchfest" ....if you never understood this fact , we can do nothing for you !
he is a special force member , the kind with a Steel Will but emotionally damaged and thats what make the Character so cool in my humble opinon.
ALL the movies are about character intensity & ACTION , its normal to see Macho ACTION in theses !!

P.S. did you know First Blood Part II James Cameron's original screenplay began with Colonel Trautman finding Rambo in a psychiatric hospital instead of a prison. The psychiatric hospital concept was instead depicted in Terminator 2 (1991)
I would have HIGHLY prefered to see this dark scene instead of the maximum security prison one! ...and that Director George Pan Cosmatos intentionally & purposely filmed the movie to look like a "modern spagetti western" ?

Actually and since its theatrical releases in 1985 , THE MISSION is my favorite movie aside Predator (1987) and Die Hard (1988)
yes im a movie freak that truly enjoy Apocalypse Now , Full Metal Jacket , Casablanca , Leon , Dance with wolves etc etc
But THE MISSION & PREDATOR .... for Props maniacs , 80s awesome "new sound" soundtracks & technical innovation they worth GOLD !

Actually i have really enjoyed Cameron iday to give the traumatized character a chance , an opportunity to have a psychological redemption and make a much more enjoyable movie than the first one (just like Terminator II and Aliens)

YES the first one based on the novel was awesome but 2th 3rd and 2008 movie was real good too when you decide to see them the way they was develloped back then !

We will never see good old action movies directed/filmed like that in theses years of cheap "green screen" !!

This Last Chapter could be truly enjoyable for us who like the character if the project is handled properly , Seriously & well directed.

5ff301b05b2916d866296d75385a4a34--military-insignia-military-art.jpg

5ff301b05b2916d866296d75385a4a34--military-insignia-military-art.jpg

Actually the rumor is Sly directed George was just givin credit for it much like The movie “Tombstone”

I tdy ‘dwith a SF team in the late 70’s and early 80’s and None of them were fond of the Rambo character OR Sly.

Many took great offense that Sly who did not serve and some who have called him a draft dodger, made money off a film that had no bearing on the characters real life counterparts :unsure

Director George Pan Cosmatos intentionally & purposely filmed the movie to look like a "modern spagetti western" ?

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/5f/f3/01/...5385a4a34--military-insignia-military-art.jpg

Last edited:

its a MOVIE character and its a PROPS forum , Not an "Oprah" Show........:behave

Yeah, it is a prop forum. But you are currently in the part called "Entertainment and Movie Talk". And as you admit it's a "MOVIE character".

Well yeah some think it is a laughingly bad “MOVIE” character that belongs on the Oprah show so.. :lol
Sylvester Stallone takes a lot of heat for some of the movies he's been in, or some of his performances, or both, but he's laughing all the way to the bank and I'd happily accept just one of his paychecks. :D

Fall 2019.jpg
Filming is set to begin September 1st with locations that include London, Bulgaria, and the Canary Islands.

…living in a ranch in Arizona, deeply troubled and wrestling with PTSD as he picks up casual work wherever he can.When long-time family friend and estate manager Maria informs Rambo that her grand-daughter has gone missing after crossing into Mexico for a party, he sets off with her to find the youngster.What ensues is a violent descent into hell as Rambo uncovers a sex-trafficking ring. He teams up with a journalist whose half-sister has also been kidnapped and must deploy all his skills to save the girls and bring down a vicious crime lord.

Theatrical Release Planned for Fall 2019

Stallone-regresa-con-Rambo-5-.jpg

Fall 2019.jpg

Stallone-regresa-con-Rambo-5-.jpg

Could be interesting, but I could have sworn I saw they were doing a Rambo reboot with a new actor.

First Blood was good, the book was amazing (and if they do reboot, I'd prefer it to be more faithful to the book).

R:V, if done like R:IV, could be really intense.

Could be interesting, but I could have sworn I saw they were doing a Rambo reboot with a new actor.

First Blood was good, the book was amazing (and if they do reboot, I'd prefer it to be more faithful to the book).

R:V, if done like R:IV, could be really intense.

We dont talk about a cheap "Reboot" with Ryan Gosling....
We talk about the genuine and direct sequel of Rambo IV with Mr.Stallone here !
It will be legendary & entertaining , much much more than the last 6 star wars and all that Marvel GreenScreen Bull****...thats for sure !

We dont talk about a cheap "Reboot" with Ryan Gosling....
We talk about the genuine and direct sequel of Rambo IV with Mr.Stallone here !
It will be legendary & entertaining , much much more than the last 6 star wars and all that Marvel GreenScreen Bull****...thats for sure !

I'd heard nothing of Ryan Gosling's involvement in the reboot. I was referring to the Tiger Shroff starring role reboot. unsure if that's still in the works or not.

I actually enjoy the so call Marvel Green Screen bull****, but I do agree it wouldn't work for a Rambo movie, be it sequel, reboot, or what have you.

I think Stallone has the chops to pull this off, I just hope they rely more on practical effects over CGI. I felt it was overused in IV.

With First Blood I think they did the right thing not going closer to the book. Rambo is not really a very good protagonist in the book, not really hero material, and not likable at all.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back