Stallone getting "Back" in shape at 71 for RAMBO V

Re: Stallone Getting "Back" in shape at 71 for RAMBO IV

I know a 75 year old SF Vet that could break you in half! :lol

As well as conduct any Op he would be given today.

Amazingly there are a few out there that can still talk the talk and walk the walk

Who would call out a 71 year old man to try to make a rescue?

That's fair. My intent was never to show any disrespect, but rather, some franchises are done. Who would call out a 71 year old man to try to make a rescue?

When you look at First Blood, he was all about stealth and guerrilla tactics, I was hoping he would return to that for Rambo due to his age, but he still carried it off. If they're doing a fifth I think they have to go back to that style to make it believable. He is too high profile, we know he is 71 no matter how jacked he is, it will be too much of a belief suspension to see him performing antics similar to part 2, 3 and 4.

Sly & Arnold are Legend
show little respect....
if the movie is handled properly , it could became a real hollywood hit !
Age is only a number !

Stallone.gif
Arnold.jpg

Re: Stallone getting "Back" in shape at 71 for RAMBO IV

That training footage is pretty crazy. Good on Stallone, though I doubt I'll be watching this one in any serious manner, like all the installments since First Blood. I admire and respect the guy, he's achieved a ton through consistent hard work over decades, I'm just not interested really in the subsequent Rambo movies on their own merits.

That said, First Blood is legitimately great, and I will always adore it.

If it's good I'm in. My dad is going to be 71 in July and he's a retired Marine and was a power lifter. I've done the same since football in HS and I'm pretty sure at 71 he could still out lift me. He was moving a couple 400lb rocks around the yard last summer for landscaping. When I say "move" I mean physically pick them up, put them into a wheelbarrow and move them...

I'd still like Rambo to go back to Afghanistan and clean house. I'm sure some of those guys he was helping in the third movie turned out to be Taliban or Al Qaeda! :lol

He seems unstoppable for his age,although I cannot imagine the lifting he does could be that healthy anymore.
I liked Rambo II at the time

I read that the title is "Rambo: Electric Boogaloo" and his catchphrase is "Let's dance'" so that doesn't bode well for the movie.

That's fair. My intent was never to show any disrespect, but rather, some franchises are done. Who would call out a 71 year old man to try to make a rescue?
After Rocky Balboa (2006) and Rambo (2008) were deemed back-to-back hits Mr. Stallone was asked in a number of interviews if he had any intentions to play either character again. At the time he said he had done what he wanted to with Rocky, but was considering a fifth Rambo movie that would involve ol' John having to fight to defend his father's land and somehow involve environmentalists. I agree that the military would probably not reinstate a 71-year-old foot soldier in any of their combat affairs, but a story involving Rambo being drawn into a situation to fight for a "just cause" (as in the fourth movie in the franchise) could be feasible.

...Every tastes are in the nature , they was not mindless , Terminator or Robocop Either...we talk about the mighty 80s here , the GOLDEN AGE of Props , when innovation & creativity was at their best !
Fair enough. Maybe "mindless" was the wrong term, but I thought First Blood was such a solid movie that the two that followed were seriously disappointing by comparison.

He seems unstoppable for his age,although I cannot imagine the lifting he does could be that healthy anymore...
It could cause more problems than it's worth if he were a beginner at his age. But Stallone has been weight training for decades and stays in shape between movies, so as long as he doesn't sustain any injuries (as he has in the past, both training for and filming movies) he's actually maintaining his health.

On the other hand, he has admitted to using Human Growth Hormone (HGH) to help him add muscle mass for Rambo. Among other things, HGH can cause high cholesterol levels and chronic kidney disease, so I hope he's being advised by someone who knows what he/she is doing.

Who would win in a fist fight? Rambo or Rocky?
If they were restricted to World Boxing Federation rules and regulations Rocky might have a slight edge. But in a "free-for-all, anything goes" street fight Rambo would likely rely on his Green Beret training and kick Rocky's ass. :D

If they were restricted to World Boxing Federation rules and regulations Rocky might have a slight edge. But in a "free-for-all, anything goes" street fight Rambo would likely rely on his Green Beret training and kick Rocky's ass. :D

Hmmmm. I don't know. Rocky did pretty good fighting Tommy Gunn in the streets. He is a street fighter after all. I think if they were street fighting with no weapons like fighting sticks, or whatever they were Rambo uses, Rocky may still win.

Crazy hypothetical questions are fun.

Sly & Arnold are Legend
show little respect....
if the movie is handled properly , it could became a real hollywood hit !
Age is only a number !

Well said. Legend and Legacy have no use by date. Cheap shots on the likes of Lucas and Scott carry zero weight as well.

Much respect to the company you are associated with as well, a major part of my lifetime film experience to be sure and am looking forward to any further updates you will give to those of us who would appreciate them.

I hope he is better shape than he was in for the last Rambo film.

Of course getting popped in Thailand with the "Juice" I'm sure was the reason for that!

He actually got popped in Australia claiming he needed HGH and Testosterone for a medical condition while shooting in Thailand. Funny thing is that stuff is all over Thailand, where it is legal and cheap.

That’s right I forgot he didn’t even make it in country with it :lol

Stallone is in great shape for his age. Amazing, really.

But it's a different shape than he was 40 years ago. His head & body have that post-steriods "wider" look. HGH is known to do that over time. The bones and stuff have changed.

Hmmmm. I don't know. Rocky did pretty good fighting Tommy Gunn in the streets. He is a street fighter after all. I think if they were street fighting with no weapons like fighting sticks, or whatever they were Rambo uses, Rocky may still win...
Rocky was definitely a brawler, both in and out of the ring. But the military teaches Green Berets things you don't normally learn on the streets unless you're being trained by a former Green Beret. Maybe that's the movie--Rambo trains Rocky, then Rocky kicks his ass. :lol

It's all fun & games until we give the studios a great bad idea. Next thing you know they will be CGI'ing a Rocky vs Rambo showdown.
And no matter the outcome, we'd all spend months debating it! :D

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back