Ragnar lothbrok inspired

Sithacolyte94

looking to do a ragnar inspired build for renn faire! mainly im looking to try and replicate the armor he uses in seasons 1 & 2, the lace weave with ringmail in it. Does anyone know the width of the lace used, ring size, and how they weaved it? to me it looks like maybe 1/4 lace with a normal weave and then the rings are weaved in diagonally? any help would be greatly appreciated!!

If its any help the rings look to be about 3/8 ID". The weave of leather lace looks like it forms a t shape in the center of each ring in an over then under simple weave. This looks like it would provide good movement and flex without the rings shifting in place. I think 16 or 14 gauge wire for the rings. The leather weaving looks like it has some variance around the edges of the piece for body contouring.

im thinking 1/4 in leather lace will be about the right size. i may try and just loop the rings in at the intersection of the weave but not sure how sturdy that will be >.> ill experiment!!

It looks like the rings follow a grouping of 5 mostly, where they form an offset brick pattern that the leather lace knots provide the tie in between each set. I subbed your thread, hope to see your progress later and good luck.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back