ESB Yoda 1:1 puppet project

Vadermonkey

Hi everyone, just wanted to share a quick shot of my latest creation. A 1:1 scale Yoda which has been somethingbive wanted to do for s long time never capturing what I saw in the films from the various fan makes and my first Yoda sculpt. The difference here is accurate measurements and some geometry information that helped with dimensions as well as some Freeborn notes. Not a lot of pics right now and this is still very much a work in progress but I am moving quite fast. I also have the cane and body finished and so I'll be posting photos as I move

IMG_5609.JPG

Edit: I neglected to mention this is going to be a fully functional puppet when finished.

Attachments

• IMG_5582.JPG
    IMG_5582.JPG
    582.2 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Re: ESB Yoda

Thats great work! What kind of clay did you use? Are the colored pics the cast? Cant wait to see how it turns out

I totally agree with you, all licensed are horrible representations and fan made never quite got the look 100% for me!! They are superb sculpts but not the puppet we know.

I can finally recognize on screen Yoda!
I’ve been waiting years for this!

I’ll be following with great interest!

Subscribed! :thumbsup

Thanks it's a mix of placticine I did to help visualize as I go, both sets of pics are clay stage and I'll have an update soon, I haven't posted in a while and asked the mods to move this to the Star Wars section.

Nope, I still see it. But it’s like 1 mm or so. I don’t know, maybe it’s the lighting and makeup what I’m missing...
If you’re confident, keep going. It is a great sculpt!

Nice work! Sculpt looks great!:thumbsup The only thing that might need a second look is the brow (section above the eyes) It may be a little large?...but really hard to say for sure. Nevertheless, it’s a fantastic Yoda!

Thank you for the feedback, I did make some small changes before molding which I think helped. Ive also made quite a bit of progress, I have the body and cane done as well as all the mechanisms though they are not completely fitted yet which is why the ears are sitting a little flat (neutral). Did several skin tests and I landed on one I like so now that I have one I like ready I made a sample video to test movement and eye alignment. The cables aren't hooked up nor are the neck straps but you get the idea. I'm particularly happy with that upper lip but Im not happy with the mouth control so I am going a different route on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Such stunning work here. The sculpt is great. What about the mouth control aren't you happy with? Looks like ESB Yoda to me.

Omg that’s soo cool. Are you planning to operate the ears and eyes as well??!! I wish Yoda could be operated with 1 one person only and not a full team.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back