RoboCop Helmet WIP – Studio 49

Studio 49

Sr Member
"Come quietly or there will be… trouble."

Started this fella a long while back but never really got past the initial planning stage.
So I decided it was high time to get the project moving along again!

It's still very much a work in progress, I know that there are a bunch of little things that aren't as accurate as I'd like just yet but he's slowly coming along :)
So with that said here's a couple renders of where he's up to now :)

40796309902_285b7070ea_b.jpg

40129570234_9aea22084e_b.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Hi Studio 49. The model is looking great!

Building from scratch is anytime you start without a pre-made base, whether it is practical or digital doesn't matter. I was a professional baker for over 12 years, I am an expert on scratch production! I'm also a 3D artist who makes practical costumes for fun. My digital work is just as valid as my clay, silicone, sintra or worbla creations.

So nice start on your scratch model. I look forward to seeing your progress!

Hi Studio 49. The model is looking great!

Building from scratch is anytime you start without a pre-made base, whether it is practical or digital doesn't matter. I was a professional baker for over 12 years, I am an expert on scratch production! I'm also a 3D artist who makes practical costumes for fun. My digital work is just as valid as my clay, silicone, sintra or worbla creations.

So nice start on your scratch model. I look forward to seeing your progress!

Thanks so much for the kind words mate, it truly is greatly appreciated :)
It's always super helpful to receive feedback from someone who's an expert in their field! Funnily enough I guess I'm doing it the other way round to you, I'm in my final year of studying Industrial Design/Product Design at University (or College as you guys in the states refer to it as), so I've done bunch of 3D Work along the way.

But I've also built a heap of time furniture from scratch, love working with wood! So now after all that I'm slowly teaching myself how to sculpt by hand as well, always enjoy learning new skills. Hopefully some day I'll be able to sculpt stuff out of clay just as well as I can sculpt in 3D.

Speaking of, If anyone is interested I'm slowly building website for my portfolio of work and I have a bunch of photos of my furniture and the other projects I’ve done too :)
https://www.studio49create.com

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Also to the gentleman that mentioned that the forehead narrows towards the front I just want to say thank you for the info! I'd not even noticed that!
It's been surprisingly difficult to gauge what the curvature was like on the forehead from the reference material I've dug up so far, now I have a good excuse to keep digging now haha

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

So I'm Hoping to have some more updates in the coming days as I've worked my way down to the neck ring as of this afternoon.
Was nice to finally have some more time to sit down and smash some more work out :thumbsup

Last edited:
Ha! My comment was deleted? Weird. Scratch that!

Anyway, I had mentioned before that this is looking great. The one thing people miss when doing this helmet is that the forehead narrows a bit more than the rear.

Progress is being made!
I've started working my down the back of the helmet and am chipping away at the neck ring
doppeldaumen1.gif

Next time I post an update I'm hoping that the helmet file should be done and dusted (or at least close to it apart from detailing and tweaks)

Still on my to do list is to tweak the profile/curvature of the front of the helmet in the forehead area, finish detailing the back properly and do the neck ring.

26022649977_78c0c83594_b.jpg

40894762151_a77f1230d3_b.jpg

40853025822_5cc7cf0fbd_b.jpg

Ladies and Gentleman, it gives me great pleasure to introduce you to the future of law enforcement... RoboCop!
Oh and the 3D Model is now complete, super stoked with how this has finished up ;)

I'm sure there's a million tiny details that could be endlessly tweaked to make it 100% accurate, but for the purposes that I'm wanting a replica helmet I'm super happy with this result
(that and after looked through at least a hundred reference pics which I've stared at for way too long I'm happy to call him done haha)

27078923188_e432deee8a_o.png

40241498124_a90bf2c8fe_o.png

27078922058_e077feed6c_o.png

40241496354_d38e9372f0_o.png

27078920428_ae57a19a61_o.png

27078919888_172c5c5ab8_o.png

And while I'm at it I've put together a little showcase video for the helmet :)
It's insanely satisfying to see this guy all modelled up!
I'm also pleased to say that the 3D printing has begun ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back