Marvel Authentic Eye of Agamotto

CPTRogers

Sr Member
Received this bad boy today. Marvel Authentic Eye of Agamotto. This thing is really nice and is solid metal. It's pretty heavy.

IMG_20180315_174404_764.jpg

IMG_20180315_172653_950.jpg

Looks good. I have the Killerbody one. Salesone also makes a sling ring but it it's really small, only suitable for small child's hand. Which is a shame cause it's pretty well detailed.

I was just about to buy this Eye from Toynk, but then I found this one on Amazon. It's from a company called Gmasking. It has an opening and closing eye, and LED. Is anybody familiar with them? I've never heard of them, they have a bunch of other things on Amazon. Their arc reactor looks just like the cheap kits you buy on eBay but is selling for close to $300, and the Stormbreaker looks kind of crappy. I'm tempted to give it a shot since it's about the same price as the ShowOne.

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 6.20.10 PM.png

Gmasking is a reseller of stuff from China like Cattoys. They don't make anything and they're usually way overpriced on many items. That's the Killerbody one they're selling, atleast the image of the one in the box is. The other images is a different one.

The Stormbreaker they're selling is less than $200 on ebay. It's some unknown maker.

Last edited:
Gmasking is a reseller of stuff from China like Cattoys. They don't make anything and they're usually way overpriced on many items. That's the Killerbody one they're selling, atleast the image of the one in the box is. The other images is a different one.

The Stormbreaker they're selling is less than $200 on ebay. It's some unknown maker.

Hmm. Yeah, I thought the Mjolnirs looked like Cattoys. Their Eye is actually a little cheaper than the Killerbody one, but that kind of makes me nervous that the pics aren't what you'd actually get.

There's no difference between the Infinity War and Dr Strange ones from ShowOne, right? They look identical except for the boxes in the pictures, but the Infinity War one is like $10 more.

From what I know, there are four collection worthy replicas of the Eye of Agamotto available:

The Marvel Masterworks which costs well over 3 grand
The Killerbody one which has a manual open/close mechanism to reveal the time stone. It's not LED lit but apparently it can reflect light.
The Cattoys version which has an LED lit time stone but with DOCTOR STRANGE embossed on the back panel
The Salesone version which to me is the more accurately sized of the other replicas (aside from the Masterworks) and also has the screen accurate design on the back panel. It does not have an open/close mechanism for the eye and the eye itself is not LED lit.

I bought the Salesone version myself.

I've been looking at the Marvel Masterworks one closely today and I gotta say it doesn't look that nice despite being the closest to the real prop. The highest level of detail and sharpness goes to the Killerbody one, specifically surrounding the time stone and the necklace cord. However, the back side of the Salesone is its biggest selling point.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back