R.I.P. Toys R Us

For going out of sale my TRU has horrible deals. Their Star Wars stuff is only 20% off. LAME. If everything needs to move why are the deals so bad?

Yeah I went a couple days ago and the prices are not enough to move product through in blazing speeds.

Their latest ad blast advertises everything 20-40% off store wide.... and then in extremely tiny letters "some exclusions." Lego being one of those at still only 10%.

There are not many cars parked outside the store either and is generally pretty dead during the week. It's easily one of the most lackluster liquidations I've seen in retail.

Stopped by looking for a car seat for my new granddaughter, and found all the strollers and seats only ten percent off. They aren’t trying very hard to liquidate in my area particularly quickly, either.
I feel sorry for the employees. The few that are left aren’t particularly enthused. That’s gotta suck.

Yeah I went a couple days ago and the prices are not enough to move product through in blazing speeds.

Their latest ad blast advertises everything 20-40% off store wide.... and then in extremely tiny letters "some exclusions." Lego being one of those at still only 10%.

There are not many cars parked outside the store either and is generally pretty dead during the week. It's easily one of the most lackluster liquidations I've seen in retail.

Not surprised that the stores are dead during the week at these prices. Probably will take forever for any specific area of the store to get sold out if they keep this up.

What is legal and what is just, two points that seem far apart these days.
When did justice become a fairy tale, something that we tell children so they sleep soundly at night?

108 million in fees.
8 million in bonuses to the executives that bankrupted the company.
0 to the employees despite some being told they would receive a severance package.

I remember going and getting a new Lionel Train every Christmas for our train set- until maybe the mid 90's when they stopped having the quality stuff and had the cheap worm gear complete train set's that would break in about 3 months.

My TRU finally went down to 40 percent on most things but still saw a LOT of things still sitting on the shelves at that reduced price.

Announced today they are shutting up in Aus, my local shop had already closed for shopping centre renovations 6 months ago anyway. There prices were known here to be a joke for many years, Lego was always at least 20% higher than Kmart, Target etc so I guess there business model was banking on ppl being blind.

- - - Updated - - -

From there facebook page "Gift cards and vouchers will be honoured provided customers spend an additional equivalent amount in store". So basically to redeem $100 voucher you must spend $200..... WOW

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back