Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Subscribe
    2 Weeks Ago  Apr 6, 2018, 4:39 PM - Re: R.I.P. Toys R Us #76

So I went to a TRU about a week ago and pretty much everything was still at that ten percent discount.
    1 Week Ago  Apr 7, 2018, 12:36 PM - Re: R.I.P. Toys R Us #77

We're going to stop by today since we'll be in the area. I doubt there will be anything on the shelves that we want, any more than there was before the clearance started. TRU has been a place that wasn't worth going into for years.
  3. But You Can Call Me Rich RPF Premium Member Moviefreak's Avatar
    From
    Orlando Florida
    1 Week Ago  Apr 13, 2018, 2:15 PM - Re: R.I.P. Toys R Us #78

Billionaire CEO behind Bratz makes his bid for Toys 'R' US

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/13/news...bid/index.html

"The liquidation of Toys 'R' Us is going to have a long-term effect on the toy business. The industry will truly suffer," he said in a statement. "The prospect of bringing the Toys 'R' Us experience to a new generation, my new grandson's generation, is enough to motivate me to Save Toys 'R' Us."
    5 Days Ago  Apr 14, 2018, 10:10 PM - Re: R.I.P. Toys R Us #79

Moviefreak said: View Post
    Billionaire CEO behind Bratz makes his bid for Toys 'R' US

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/13/news...bid/index.html

"The liquidation of Toys 'R' Us is going to have a long-term effect on the toy business. The industry will truly suffer," he said in a statement. "The prospect of bringing the Toys 'R' Us experience to a new generation, my new grandson's generation, is enough to motivate me to Save Toys 'R' Us."
    I actually thought about this a lot - if they weren't so horribly mismanaged, cannibalized by their investors, and saddled with all that bad debt, you'd think/hope there'd be a market for dedicated toy stores. I think making the store an experience is a good idea - kind of like the old FAO in New York City, the TRU in Times Square, Hamley's in London, or that three story FAO that used to be in Vegas... Some of the toy stores in Japan and China are mind blowing...
    From
    Buckley, Washington
    5 Days Ago  Apr 14, 2018, 11:15 PM - Re: R.I.P. Toys R Us #80

Why were their prices so high compared to smaller stores that sold everything including toys? The only reason I would go to TRU is if I was looking for something very specific. If I could get it from Target or Fred Meyers, the price was always lower than TRUs.
  6. RPF Premium Member MattgomeryBurns's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    4 Days Ago  Apr 16, 2018, 12:53 AM - Re: R.I.P. Toys R Us #81

alienscollection.com said: View Post
    I actually thought about this a lot - if they weren't so horribly mismanaged, cannibalized by their investors, and saddled with all that bad debt, you'd think/hope there'd be a market for dedicated toy stores. I think making the store an experience is a good idea - kind of like the old FAO in New York City, the TRU in Times Square, Hamley's in London, or that three story FAO that used to be in Vegas... Some of the toy stores in Japan and China are mind blowing...
    Hamley's is amazing. All those demo stations are so enticing. I bought 2 products just based on the demos (that are still in the boxes today ).
  7. But You Can Call Me Rich RPF Premium Member Moviefreak's Avatar
    From
    Orlando Florida
    2 Days Ago  Apr 18, 2018, 7:21 AM - Re: R.I.P. Toys R Us #82

Toys 'R' Us rejects bid from Bratz CEO.
    Isaac Larian placed a $675 million bid for 200 of the remaining 735 Toys "R" Us locations in the United States, and almost all of more than 80 locations in Canada.

"Sources with knowledge of the matter say the bid was too low."

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/17/news...ceo/index.html
    1 Day Ago  Apr 19, 2018, 2:17 AM - Re: R.I.P. Toys R Us #83

Isaac Larian placed a $675 million bid for 200 of the remaining 735 Toys "R" Us locations in the United States, and almost all of more than 80 locations in Canada.

He's on Twitter asking for their counter offer:

https://twitter.com/isaaclarian/stat...45549619441666

Twitter.

Where the world holds important business these days

(not a jab at Isaac btw )
    1 Day Ago  Apr 19, 2018, 11:15 AM - Re: R.I.P. Toys R Us #84

How is *ANY* bid too low at this point? They're going out of business! Their company isn't worth a plug nickel.
  10. But You Can Call Me Rich RPF Premium Member Moviefreak's Avatar
    From
    Orlando Florida
    1 Day Ago  Apr 19, 2018, 11:28 AM - Re: R.I.P. Toys R Us #85

Cephus said: View Post
    How is *ANY* bid too low at this point? They're going out of business! Their company isn't worth a plug nickel.
    Depends on their debt. File bankruptcy, wipe away the debt and close all stores. Walk away clear and free.

or.....

Accept an offer for the business that is less than their debt, then they would have to pay the money they received in the buyout and then still owe the banks or other lenders x-amount of dollars that went unpaid.
    1 Day Ago  Apr 19, 2018, 3:08 PM - Re: R.I.P. Toys R Us #86

Depends on their debt. File bankruptcy, wipe away the debt and close all stores. Walk away clear and free.

or.....

Accept an offer for the business that is less than their debt, then they would have to pay the money they received in the buyout and then still owe the banks or other lenders x-amount of dollars that went unpaid.
    Or take the buyout, include all of the debt in the buyout and let the new owners deal with it, or take the buyout, use the money to pay off some of the vendors who otherwise wouldn't get a damn thing, and go bankrupt on the lesser amount. Either way, at the end of the day, current employees and owners walk away with nothing (except their golden parachutes). The company is worth less than zero at this point.