Stephen Hawking dead at 76

Re: Stephen Hawking dead..

Just posted this in the entertainment section.

Very sad news :(

Last edited:
A Brief History of Time is up there with Sagan's Cosmos as one of the most seminal works of science literature in the 20th century, I think. It certainly was an important book to me when I read it in high school.

The energy that powered that brilliant brain of his has returned back to the universe he studied so intently. There's something beautiful about that.

It’s sad that he’s gone, but he is no longer trapped in the body that kept him here. R.I.P. Stephen Hawking. :*(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP brilliant mind. Since the Paralympics are on in PyeongChang, here's a look back at Prof Hawking during London 2012...

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sad news, He pushed his life expentancy by over 40 years so it shows the power of mind over matter. His contributions to science will always be among the greatest we will ever see.

R.I.P. Professor.... We are all Stardust and now you are returning to them.

76 is a long life for anyone, but for a guy with his illness it's a miracle. I believe Hawking more or less had the same thing as Lou Gehrig and he died within a few years. Living with that disease for 40 years must have been hell, but it didn't stop him. Good for you, Stephen. Rest easy, man. Dance across the cosmos.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back