Scratch built EC-17 Scout Blaster - Finished

dproc

Made a Scout Blaster from scratch with acrylic and aluminium etc... with a red LED for effect.
youtube here...
9.jpg
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
5.jpg6.jpg6b.jpg7.jpg
8.jpg9a.jpg9b.jpg9c.jpg
Cheers!

I like your use of discs for those details rather than needing to lathe something solid. Nicely done! Your scratch built DL-44 is pretty amazing too.

A lathe is a great choice for the disc rows, but i don't have one. :( However, having said that, the discs were super easy to put on AND cut in half. I imagine cutting a lathed rod exactly down the middle wouldn't be that easy without an appropriate jig. The trigger was likely unnecessary for filming. You never see it, so why make it I guess. Using the squeeze to push the back button I made works surprisingly well and doesn't go off when pulling it out of your boot! A squeeze handle might be the same. Nine toed scout troopers must have been common before they decided to remove triggers. :)

This is gorgeous! I'm confused about how you make the (not)lathed parts. Acrylic disks? How did you add the bevel? I'm super impressed and love it!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back