Alien queen life-size wall sculpture

MooCriket

Master Member
Pretty cool, although definitively NOT life size as the seller claims.
http://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/store/product.php?productid=16609&cat=0&page=
Alien Queen Door.jpg

I don't know - given the size, license fees, and being hand painted, it seems like the pricing is pretty spot on. Imagine what it would cost to commission something like this.

I'm curious what cyberpred thinks of the price after his scratch build?

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on Material Size etc,

Personally looking at this it reminds me of a Vauumforming wall hanger.

It Definitely is not "Life Sized"

So for that price may not be worth it.

C

Personally looking at this it reminds me of a Vauumforming wall hanger.

It Definitely is not "Life Sized"

I will say it is not vacuuformed, as that would be lightweight. I have it next to my desk in my office, propped against the wall.... and it is about 60 lbs.

As far as sizing, you would be surprised by the size of this thing. The photos do not do it justice in showing scale. This is just the front 1/4 of the head. If you look at this in person, imagine adding on another 3/4 of a head and then imagine that on top of a lifesize body.... it really is hard to say it isn't lifesize. But is it? I am not sure.... but the sculptor did think he nailed it, :lol

UPDATE: I MADE A FEW MEASUREMENTS AND CALCULATIONS:
The front 1/4 of the head shown here is 27" long. If you calculate that the rest of the missing 3/4 head is about 81" long (27" x 3), that means in real life this Queen would have a head of 108" inches long. That is a head length of 9 feet.

Last edited:
I myself has not seen it in Real Life. Just an opinion.

Mine is extremely large and that is what I am comparing it to

C

Just a couple of fellas comparing sizes :lol

Thanks for the insider info @Moviefreak! What are the odds you guys will do a Xenomorph version? I'd pull the trigger on it immediately.

Oh and any chance to get a picture of the back? Curious how it will be hung...

Just a couple of fellas comparing sizes :lol

Thanks for the insider info @Moviefreak! What are the odds you guys will do a Xenomorph version? I'd pull the trigger on it immediately.

Oh and any chance to get a picture of the back? Curious how it will be hung...

Haven’t heard anything about a xenomorph version...
But, should this version be successful, perhaps that can be considered. Although that decision would be out of my hands.

The back of the master is just a temporary hanger, nothing final. The factory will be figuring out a final hanging system to acommodate the weight.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back