Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
    From
    San Francisco
    Apr 1, 2018, 10:27 PM - Re: Question about the original 11' USS Enterprise #51

But, wait. I still don’t understand. How could a society that had telephones and cars and world spanning commercial air travel and rockets to the moon possibly create randomly blinking Christmas lights that allowed other lights to stay constantly lit? I don’t buy it for a second.
    From
    San Francisco
    Apr 1, 2018, 11:23 PM - Re: Question about the original 11' USS Enterprise #52

alensatemybuick said: View Post
    Pretty sure that is John Goodson.
    It is John. I've met him. And I know Bill George.

The lights blinked. I've always known that. You could tell on an NTSC TV in the 70s.

Honestly, you can't put too much stock in people's recollections years on. I asked Dorothy Fontana to read something I'd written up about Bill Theiss and she said I had a point wrong... until I pointed out I'd gotten that information from an interview she herself did with him back around 1969. Over 45 years she's just misremembered some details. We ALL do it. Datin was a very nice man who swapped some emails with me close to 20 years ago, but I doubt he really remembered the particulars of an iterative job from decades before.

BLINKED. They BLINKED.
    From
    San Diego
    Apr 1, 2018, 11:45 PM - Re: Question about the original 11' USS Enterprise #53

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Apr 2, 2018, 8:17 AM - Re: Question about the original 11' USS Enterprise #54

I can't say that I know Bill George or John Goodson, but I met Bill George at NASM on the 50th anniversary of the premiere of TOS. And I can confirm that he blinked.
    From
    Orlando
    Apr 2, 2018, 3:03 PM - Re: Question about the original 11' USS Enterprise #55

Mark2000 said: View Post
    But, wait. I still don’t understand. How could a society that had telephones and cars and world spanning commercial air travel and rockets to the moon possibly create randomly blinking Christmas lights that allowed other lights to stay constantly lit? I don’t buy it for a second.
    Lucy Lawless: Ah, yeah, well, whenever you notice something like that, a wizard did it.
    From
    DC Metro Area
    Apr 3, 2018, 3:43 PM - Re: Question about the original 11' USS Enterprise #56

alensatemybuick said: View Post
    I can't say that I know Bill George or John Goodson, but I met Bill George at NASM on the 50th anniversary of the premiere of TOS. And I can confirm that he blinked.
    Damn! I was there, and I missed out on meeting him. Bugger.