Red Jammer Y-wing on Rogue One

Jkirkon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Maybe you all noticed it, but I just noticed Red Jammer makes an appearance on Rogue One.
Its the scene where the Rebels are preparing the strike on Scarif. C3PO is talking to R2 in the scene, and Red Jammer is being readied for flight on the tarmac in the background. On my Blue Ray copy of the movie, it is at time stamp 1:36:03.

Cool Easter egg!!!

I've heard it was in there, but never spotted it. Now I'll be sure to look hard in the right place. Thanks for that!

PS: It's also seen several times in SIV of "Rebels" if you didn't already know.

Cheers,

K.

I noticed it but only saw Rogue One once so I never had a chance to confirm. I guess I was the only one in the whole cinema who smiled because of this detail...

Maybe they pulled the Jammer from the Identities tour for photography/filming/scanning? Two years ago there was a rumour that it had been removed from the exhibition due to damage, and unfortunately it indeed was not on display in Vienna.

I'm pretty sure it's just a cardboard cutout, as it's seen in the Celebration BTS Sizzle reel from a while back, at 1:02:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUb_zpdyDpU

And here's a screen cap of the sizzle reel:

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 1.45.40 PM.png

Looks pretty two-dimensional to me.

SB

All of the Y-Wings in the space battle are clones of the same one, right down to the deco and weathering, and they aren't Red Jammer. If they had made a Jammer skin for a Yavin bird, it would have been used in the space battle as well. I think the cutout idea is sound.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back