Chicago C2E2 - Apr 6-8

I'll be there! On Saturday, my brother will be exhibiting a Thor Ragnarok gladiator look that I modified/built for him, and I'll be sporting my WIP Ant-Man. It's in wearable condition, but it is not at the point that I am happy with it. The other days are TBD, but I'm excited for the con.

I'll be there all weekend. Rocking Captain Malcolm Reynolds on Friday, Man of Steel on Saturday, and my mash-up of Beauty and The Beast's Gaston and Han Solo I'm calling GastHan on Sunday. It'll be my first time so I'm super excited this will be the 2nd con I've ever been too and quite a step up from Wizard World Chicago many years ago.

AUGH!!! I'll be there Saturday @Ash! I wanted to see your GastHan getup! Though i'm excited to see your MoS set. I'll be there with my WIP Gunter costume. It's ~70% done now.

Alright, Well... Looks like i'm not going anymore. Gotta go help out my aunt... Always next year, right?

Last edited:
WOW what a weekend. I literally didn't want it to end. It was amazing meeting and hanging out with SO many like minded people and super cool to look at all the talented work on props and cosplay up close and personal. My Man of Steel was more popular than I was anticipating so I barely got to move around on Saturday because of photos, which was really awesome honestly. Sunday I premiered my GastHan, got thrown into the "We Are Cosplay" costume contest and ended up taking 2nd place based on crowd reactions. I really hammed it up as GastHan if I'm to be honest. Got a sweet discount on an Action Comics special sketch issue featuring Henry Cavill on the cover because the artist who drew it saw me walk pass his booth on Saturday and pretty much demanded I should own it. Over all it was such a great experience and I am counting down the days and weeks until next year.

Man of Steel.jpg GastHan.jpg

Last edited:
WOW what a weekend. I literally didn't want it to end. It was amazing meeting and hanging out with SO many like minded people and super cool to look at all the talented work on props and cosplay up close and personal. My Man of Steel was more popular than I was anticipating so I barely got to move around on Saturday because of photos, which was really awesome honestly. Sunday I premiered my GastHan, got thrown into the "We Are Cosplay" costume contest and ended up taking 2nd place based on crowd reactions. I really hammed it up as GastHan if I'm to be honest. Got a sweet discount on an Action Comics special sketch issue featuring Henry Cavill on the cover because the artist who drew it saw me walk pass his booth on Saturday and pretty much demanded I should own it. Over all it was such a great experience and I am counting down the days and weeks until next year.

View attachment 808874 View attachment 808875

Ash

Your GastHan was great! Haha. I got a quick pic of you but didn't know you were a RPF member! Small world.

thanks for posting

TinyTim... wow thanks man I really appreciate that. I was a bit nervous when I was putting it together and wearing it for the first time but everyone seemed to enjoy my little mash-up of the two greatest scoundrels in the Disney universe. It was a fun character to play and I hope to only continue improving on the overall look and parts of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 808874 View attachment 808875
That's really nice.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back