My 1995 AMT Star Trek Generations - Klingon BOP Build

Mauiman

So, back in 2007 mid spring, a friend of mine gave to me out of his partially flooded garage a model. This model was that of the AMT Generations Klingon Bird of Prey that was made in 1995. After years and years of trying to find replacement water slide decals as the original's were ruined in the flood, I finally got around to building it.

I am going to have to make multiple posts as the uploads manager does not like any amount past five or so it seems.

Please do enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

Here is part 2 of part 3 as I have just a few more to go with this.

Please enjoy!

Attachments

• WIP 1.jpg
    WIP 1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 209
  • Wip 2.jpg
    Wip 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 193
  • Wip 3.jpg
    Wip 3.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 180
  • Wip 4.jpg
    Wip 4.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 214
  • Wip 5.jpg
    Wip 5.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 194
  • Wip 6.jpg
    Wip 6.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 180
  • Finished 1.jpg
    Finished 1.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 186
  • Finished 2.jpg
    Finished 2.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 169
  • Finished 3.jpg
    Finished 3.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 174
  • Finished 4.jpg
    Finished 4.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 177
Just got the last of them as promised.

Please enjoy!

Attachments

• Finished 5.jpg
    Finished 5.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 178
  • Finished 6.jpg
    Finished 6.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 170
  • Finished 7.jpg
    Finished 7.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 155
  • Final place.jpg
    Final place.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 163
I built another one. Only thing with the pictures is that Photobucket which used to be a great place to use, has since that point of time went down the tubes and was placed in the hands of some Ferengi who has made up their own shady rules of acquisition. (That's a rant for another time really.) So, I tried drop box and they are not all that friendly towards the user.

Only way that I found was to share the entire album with one link rather than having the IMG codes or anything to have them view-able here. (Very open to suggestions)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7jzpcaqgfsr2ou5/AABYB-U408l8fjlczSYJgMyWa?dl=0

When rummaging through photobucket and it's now painfully slow speed, I was able to amass these pictures back when I got the model. The box shows the sad reminder of the condition that it was in when I got it. Back when the model was in a old and rickety garage that was suffering from a old exterior that was not water tight and the roof and garage door was also not water tight. It was spring and was pouring down with rain that day. My friend shown me a stack of models and told me to select one.

I saw the Klingon Bird of Prey model that you see here. I did not care, I wanted it. The Decals were ruined which caused me to spend about 11 - 12 or so years searching for them. Until I was able to obtain them from Round 2 models.

Attachments

• Klingon BOP - 1995 Generations Box and instructions.JPG
    Klingon BOP - 1995 Generations Box and instructions.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Klingon BOP - 1995 Generations Clear Parts.jpg
    Klingon BOP - 1995 Generations Clear Parts.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Klingon BOP - 1995 Generations Parts still in bag.jpg
    Klingon BOP - 1995 Generations Parts still in bag.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 68
The complete collection of my Generations model can be found here:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmeyY6TB

The Complete collection of my other one can be found here:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmeyZ3fx

And some pictures of my Birds completed and being stood together.
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmg7YSXC

I am awaiting one of these in the mail, And I'm trying to work out in my head of how I could make it so that I could take the bird out of the plastic glass piece for in the event that I should have to move it.

MFS24303.jpg
(Image found using duckduckgo search engine)

Once I get mine, I am going to post my own picture of it on Flicker and put a link to the Album here in this thread. Also, if you good people have any good ideas with how I could make it so that I could make it so that I could dismantle the display for moving. I would like to know.

Thanks!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back