Blade Runner Off World M2019 Upgrade

Muttleysdad

A few weeks back I managed to pick up some metal parts to fit to my old OW M2019 off the Bay. The seller said that they originated from someone on the RPF but I don't recall seeing them on here. Photo is from sellers listing.
s-l1600.jpg

Anyway all the holes lined up and the parts fitted quite well with only a minimum amount of cleaning up and adjustment. I also filled a little here and there to get some nice crisp edges.

20180215_075626.jpg20180218_191535.jpg20180218_191558.jpg

The grips are bigger than the standard M2019 which I know were on the small size but everything else is spot on.

Here is a picture of it painted and assembled - The LED's are fitted but I'm still waiting for the switch and battery holder to arrive and I've had to 3D print the little elliptical Stayer safety lever (not shown here).

20180301_073714.jpg

I already had the upgraded frame set so I've kept the metal trigger guard. It has a very nice weight to it now with none of the rattles and creaks that it had previously.

I'm currently working on a machined steel bolt for the upper receiver and when that's done I'm planning on machining a metal barrel for it.

The only plastic parts left will be the bolt handle and rear bolt cap which I'm not confident in being able to machine a replacement however I'm sure I'll pick something up eventually to fit the bill, The main cylinder frame and cylinder both of which I'm thinking tricky to replace in metal but neither is really seen so I'm not too bothered.

I'll post more as I go.

Chris

Update

Switch and battery holder in.
20180319_200433.jpg

LED's way too bright - Some Muppet brought high intensity ones :lol- note the upper receiver cleaned up ready for Blueing.

20180320_225424.jpg

4 x 300 ohm resistors later and the LED's are about the right brightness.

The upper receiver has now been blued to a nice dark grey which with handling and the occasional wipe with an oily cloth should hopefully fade a little.

20180320_225439.jpg20180320_225519.jpg20180321_074209.jpg20180321_074228.jpg20180321_074324.jpg

The painted parts have been chipped and aged a little to look more like the screen worn one.

I'm still working on the steel bolt for the upper receiver. I'll hopefully be able to fit it soon.

More pictures later.

Looks like those are sidkit parts you picked up.

I was wondering where they came from. I've just had a good look at the Sidkit that's on eBay at the moment and I think you're right.

The whole build isn't perfect but it's got the right look and feel. I would love a Tomen but can't warrant the outlay. The total outlay on this one so far (inc. the original M2019 pistol) has been about £380 over 4 years or so. So not broken the bank on it.

I've started buffing and polishing the upper receiver going for that used look, slowly silvering up all the edges and high spots. this is the initial result. It's a slow process and I'm having to resist the urge to go too far, I don't want to WorldCon it.

20180323_080547.jpg

wow, looking nice, very realistic to my eyes :thumbsup

Thanks I'm hoping so. I've been around pistols and rifles in one form or another for most of my adult life (I wont embarrass my self with saying how long that is :$). so you sort of get to know what a well used one should look like.

Update on fitting new steel bolt.

Here is the bolt assembled with the other components. so far so good.

20180326_190301.jpg

Brass guide in place (this is just a temporary one I'll make a better one later). Nice snug fit.

20180326_190621.jpg

Bolt fitted to pistol and grub screw securely located in the brass guide. All fits fine my measuring must be getting better.

20180326_191509.jpg

Bolt racks back smoothly to full throw. (makes a nice noise :D).

20180326_191524.jpg

So now I'm happy all fits Ok time to blue the bolt. Not too much I just want to discolour it not go the full dark blue.

20180326_193308.jpgthat'll do nicely.

Re- fitted.

20180326_194425.jpg

Racked

20180326_194500.jpg

It's starting to feel a little heavy now so I weighed it. Just shy of 1.5 Kg (3lbs 3 oz).

20180326_194523.jpg

sometime soon I'll swap the barrel for a steel one.

Looks great! I built one just last year and it's one of my favorite pieces in my collection. Mine may be a little more weathered than yours but I didn't go full on worldcon dirty either.

That looks awesome. I'm really sorry I missed these while Offworld was still selling them. II knew they were not perfect but for the money I don't think you could do any better.

That looks awesome. I'm really sorry I missed these while Offworld was still selling them. II knew they were not perfect but for the money I don't think you could do any better.

They're not a bad starting point and plenty of scope to upgrade. They appear on e-bay quite often but prices are very high at the moment, probably too high for what you get. I brought mine years ago for £160 when there was little interest in them.

They're not a bad starting point and plenty of scope to upgrade. They appear on e-bay quite often but prices are very high at the moment, probably too high for what you get. I brought mine years ago for £160 when there was little interest in them.

I was just on e-bay and they are going for $500 to $1000 and the one for $500 seems like it might have an issue or 2. If I'm going to pay $1000 or more than I'm going to go with the Tomenosuke.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back