Is the Yoda ROTS weathering cheesy?

cayman shen

Master Member
I've been considering this saber, but the images on RS make it look a bit cheesy/fakey. How does it stack up in real life? Any opinions as compared to say the OB ANH or the BD Maul?

I saw it in a store today and I got a pretty bad impression.

There are some quite odd indentations that I assume were supposed to be scratches, but don't look quite like it.
The weathering on the clamp looks like it was done with a machine or a serrated saw blade, evenly on both ends and around -- not like your usual edge wear.

The general feel I get from this prop is that of a "prop", and not of a real-world item from the Star Wars universe.

Last edited:
When you hold the ROTS Yoda in your hand the weathering is obviously fake. That said on display it loses its fake look, and really looks great IMHO.

Here is a pic with both the AOTC and ROTS Yodas for comparison:

yodacomparisonfs2.jpg

Bringing this back from the dead...are the black parts plastic or metal? I'm considering getting one and doing a little judicious repainting/sanding to improve the weathering, but it's work a lot better on metal parts, methinks.

I'm wondering about the ROTS black parts...are they metal or plastic?

I have a MR display Yoda ROTS (I believe it was from a NY con). So it's not the final version but the materials should be the same.

The emitter and clamp body are metal. However the switchbox and square greeblie are not.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back