Sad Stan Lee story

Hollywood! This kind of crap happens all the time. Predatory conmen and women circle around celebrities all the time looking for vulnerabilities, just like Hyenas. When they see a possible situation, they gather to try to feed off the figurative carcass. Stan Lee is just one of many who have suffered from being ripped off by these Vultures. Hopefully, someone will be able to unravel the tangle of deceit and greed that has stripped this man of his fortune.

Sadly, Sourdoh is correct. This story reminds me a lot of the drama that's been swirling around Peter S Beagle (the writer of the Last Unicorn) for the last several years.

My grandpa is also 95 and we've seen this crap start to turn up with shifty people calling and letters trying to get him to send money. I can't stand crap like this. I hope they fix this quick. I didn't hear a thing about police or the FBI (if wire transfers were across state lines or to other countries) getting involved.

Yeah poor Stan, but you spent it and allow those around you take it all. They can hang out with joey lawrence family...Whoa!
It’s could also be a bit of Karma for his Kirby disrespect.

Good lord, that's just...weird. Is this how he will be remembered? Lost his mind in his last years and let everyone rob him blind and when he had nothing left to give they bled him dry? You know, I almost have to say this is poetic justice. He elbowed people out of the way and pushed others out of the limelight just that he could take all the credit throughout his career. Sorry, Stan. You asked for it, buddy. Instead of being remembered as the (co)creater of Spider-Man, history will now remember you as the crazy old comic book guy that thought putting his blood on products to make one last cash grab was a pretty good idea. :lol
See you in the funny books, Stan.

I like how the con man is to polite to call out !?!

Oh terribly sorry sir , but I do believe I have up sconced with your lovely Bobble's . and perhaps a ting of currency . I do so apologize for such rude and candid behavior ! It is bad form on my part all around . a do good sir .

And of course you can't call the cops !

the only response can and must be .

I tell you good day sir !

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back