Sad Stan Lee story

Stan just made a video and put it on YouTube claiming this story is a hoax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or I should say, all lies from a lawyer he hired for a few days

Stan just made a video and put it on YouTube claiming this story is a hoax

Another video? Is it different than the one posted back in post #21 of this thread? If so, please share the link as I would love to see/hear more from Stan.

Another video? Is it different than the one posted back in post #21 of this thread? If so, please share the link as I would love to see/hear more from Stan.

Whoops sorry that’s the same video, so people think that video is a setup?!?!

It looked legit to me

as a comic book fan, feel like he's reaping karma for the crap he's pulled with his revisionist history of Marvel and contributions. Hard to feel bad about a crook being targeted by other crooks.

as a comic book fan, feel like he's reaping karma for the crap he's pulled with his revisionist history of Marvel and contributions. Hard to feel bad about a crook being targeted by other crooks.

Can you update me/point me to a link? What has been lying about? (taking credit for?)

Can you update me/point me to a link? What has been lying about? (taking credit for?)

You can read info all over the web. just type in "Jack Kirby Stan Lee".

To sum it all up: He screwed people like Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko. Jack Kirby was just as instrumental in developing and creating these characters that Stan is famous for creating. Kirby also wrote a lot that Stan has taken credit for. Stan "outlined" stories for the books and Kirby was able to take it and run. Kirby wrote many of the stories as well, but Stan refused to give credit for that.

You can read some discussion here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlik...what_did_stan_lee_do_to_steve_ditko_and_jack/

Got an update via Anime News Network, of all places...

Seems like Pow! Entertainment are the ones who had/have control of his social media, and then last year the company got sold to a Chinese company. Apparently, Lee didn't agree to the sale (he's co-founder and chief creative officer), and that he is being sued by the Pow! shareholders, who aren't happy. Pow! also apparently claims to have exclusive rights to Lee, but Lee only grants non-exclusive, so he's alleging they forged or otherwise fraudulently gained those rights, so there's a lawsuit.

I need his last few videos he seems to have certainly aged quite a bit from even his last few cameos, I’d imagine the stress of that kind of stuff doesn’t help on top
of getting sick.

Man, it's pretty weird how late in life this is finally coming to a head. He's, what, 95 now?

His fortune in question, elder abuse, forgery, armed gunmen, and sexual harassment claims emerging. It's ALL hitting the fan.

I guess you're never too old, or too rich, or too popular, for a court battle.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back