Got a bit burned on a Studio Scale Tie fighter on eBay by Mike Tait!

streetjudge79

Master Member
Hey Guys, Mike Tait (notorious re caster) got me. Had no idea he was on eBay as knightavenger66. SO BEWARE! He sent me a Studio scale tie fighter with a bunch of missing parts. Promised to overnight them and nothing. Stay away from this guy!

Hey Guys, Mike Tait (notorious re caster) got me. Had no idea he was on eBay as knightavenger66. SO BEWARE! He sent me a Studio scale tie fighter with a bunch of missing parts. Promised to overnight them and nothing. Stay away from this guy!
I see there was one listed for 350.00. Glad I didn't bite. One crappy picture and no explanation.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

He was also posting YouTube videos of his Interceptor and Advance models last year. He'll pretend he's someone else but you can clearly tell from clues, and especially his voice, who he is.

I retell my story to warn people, although others have similar, if not worse, stories. He came through and shipped to me about $1,500 worth of non-resin kits them turned around and blatantly stole $240 with no rhyme or reason on the next transaction.

Common traits are claiming something is worth an incredible amount more than it really is, e.g., a built/painted replica is worth $12,000 (like an Interceptor) or a donor kit is worth $2,500. Also, don't pay with anything but Paypal if you still want to deal with him after you suspect it's him. He'll claim Paypal screwed him over or something con-like. That was my dumb mistake. I blocked it out even though he happily took Paypal on the bigger transaction 6 months earlier. Also, check for addresses in surrounding Houston towns.

In 20 years of Internet trading, this POS is the only one who has ever burned me. If it seems too good to be true, it's probably Mike.

Joe

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

well he refunded the full $ 350 on the tie and told me to keep it since I already built it minus the missing detail parts. Then offered me a $ 700.00 Imperial Shuttle kit. Ya, NO thanks. He can find another sucker .

I am glad I saw this thread. I was interested in a few of his models and I could be wrong but I thought somebody else on modeler magic had made the 1/1000 venator.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARs-...694161?hash=item41dd7ae991:g:GZcAAOSwUBparBmq

I think this is it.

http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=93949

The 1/1000 Venator is being handled by Precisioneer (http://www.precisioneer.com/). But he recently sold the molds to SithPlanet, according to ModelerMagic (http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=95990). I'm in line to get a kit from him (presumably he will finish the first run before shipping off the molds), it's supposed to ship out in a few days. 2 or 3 of the other guys in the run have gotten their kits.

So is Precisioneer actually Mike Tait? I just realized that his name is Mike from some of the email signatures. Precisioneer also goes by Droidr4i9 on these forums.

EDIT- Just to be clear, I'm not implying the Venator is recasted. I know it isn't. Precisioneer shared pictures with us showing the moldmaking process, so I know he's made his own molds (from Alfred Wong's masters) and is casting kits.

Last edited:
I realize this is a bit off topic from the original post, but since the 1/1000 Venator came up here, I though I needed to say this. This is just a testimony to my personal experience with Mike, and is not meant to attack or antagonize anyone.

I received my 1/1000 Venator from Mike the other day, and this thing is a giant beauty. I can't speak for others, but Mike was always pretty quick to respond to email, and made pretty regular updates to those of us in the pre-order. His initial estimates for project completion were very conservative (in my opinion), so I'm not surprised these were finished later than expected. Though it was a bit of a wait, I'm very happy with the kit.

Not sure what's happening with this kit in the future (according to Modeler's Magic, Sith Planet is taking over production- http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=95990), but Mike worked hard on the molds, and it shows in the final product.

yep - I will throw in some to this -

With the help of modelermagic owner Kurt Kuhn, I purchased the master/patterns for

Chris Kelly's 1/24 scale Vader Tie X1
Chris Kelly's 41 inch blockade Runner
Alfred Wongs 40 inch U-Wing (never been molded yet)
Alfred Wongs 1/24 scale B-wing
Alfred Wongs 1/1000 Republic Star Destroyer

after finding out it was Tait, I would not send any money so the only way the deal could go forward was he had to send everything to Kurt, and after we inspected and verified with both Albert and Chris that they indeed sold him their masters, then we provided the money. So I now have them, and will work on making new fresh molds, and be offering small qty runs of these models sometime this year. My modeler Mark will produce the kits, for me... Tait unfortunately has casting rights on the 1/1000 venator RSD until the Fall, and then I'll publically be selling them through www.korbanth.com - a Division of Sithplanet

First up will be a 15 model run of Vaders X1 Tie and 15 model run of the B-wing model. Both models will be casted using a pressure pot for bubble-less model kits.

second up will be the 42 inch wide Supremacy (Snoke's Mega star destroyer, and the First Order Dreadnaugt models)

Third up - The 40 inch Uwing, and 41 inch Blockade Runner ships.

Many have seen my "Korbanth" 38 inch Super Star Destroyer model, and I've added a few other models such as 1/24 scale T-65 Xwing and 1/24 scale T-70 Resistance Xwing
which can be purchased through my site of www.korbanth.com

Thanks.

His description is a joke.

“Hey stupid if this doesn’t sell for $1500 I’m going to put the screws to you and you will now have to pay $1800”

Thanks for the favor. I’ll PayPal you right now.

Oh yea - it may take me 3 weeks to get my ***** in gear after you send me $1500 and I will finally mail you your item.

I would never buy from just the description.

I'm sure this guy is casting Sithplanets new kits. Ordered a couple of them and they were complete trash; bubbles throughout, large chucks missing in the castings, warped parts. Luckily I was refunded my money and wasn't stuck with them.

I’m pretty sure you’re right. I bought a Tie from him a few years ago that I think was splashed from an Icons Tie. It wasn’t that good, and the wings were warped.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back