RS Prop Masters Snowtrooper helmet

I got the weathered version. I usually opt for the weathering cause I think it adds character to the prop and also gives it that used, been in combat look that the originals had.

Only the first 50 are sold, there will be 50 more. For those who care these 100 helmets will all have signed plaques, but only the first 50 can be signed inside, as they are finished, and Mr. Flyng is signing them together with the plaques.

Only the first 50 are sold, there will be 50 more. For those who care these 100 helmets will all have signed plaques, but only the first 50 can be signed inside, as they are finished, and Mr. Flyng is signing them together with the plaques.

tenor.gif

What I ask me: Why can RS sell tons of SW props without a license from Disney or Lucasfilm?

I believe the whole lawsuit w/ shepperton is what really allows it to operate as openly in the UK. I remember seeing TK armor in store fronts even (think that was SDS though)

So when you live in the UK or have your company there,you can produce tons of SW props from every charakter you like and Disney/Lucas can do nothing?And what is when they ship this props to an non EU country?Can the customs confiscate the props?

So when you live in the UK or have your company there,you can produce tons of SW props from every charakter you like and Disney/Lucas can do nothing?And what is when they ship this props to an non EU country?Can the customs confiscate the props?

I suppose that's the case. I remember seeing pics from a con somewhere in Europe where there was a massive booth from some business that was selling nearly-completed TK armor. It looked like an assembly line- Grab the clam-shelled/strapped armor, grab a finished helmet, soft parts and a box w/ your boots. There were stacks of these in that booth.

As far as shipping to the US, I haven't heard of anyone's stuff from RS getting confiscated by customs, but doesn't mean it hasn't

I've never seen the inside of a screen used - or studio made - Snowtrooper helmet. Is it like the Stormtrooper? Piece of foam & a strap? I've got the ANOVOS, but... well you know.

Not all helmets were identical inside, at least from my sources.

RS Props found identified the above chin-strap, though it's nice having been able to locate an original one for myself. Way older than I am.

snowy chin strap.jpg

I believe the whole lawsuit w/ shepperton is what really allows it to operate as openly in the UK. I remember seeing TK armor in store fronts even (think that was SDS though)
It is odd that SDS can't sell to the US directly but RS does.

I believe the ruling in the lawsuit was that these are basic industrial designs as opposed to something more artistic and creative so they aren't protected the same in the UK. I don't think the reasoning makes much sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

D'OH! It kills me, that I missed out on the Red 5 X-Wing helmet :cry
It's so beautiful

But, damn! Them Snowtrooper helmets sho do look purdy!! :love

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back