RS Prop Masters Snowtrooper helmet

WOO-HOO!!!

20180416_185712.jpg

20180416_185852.jpg

20180416_190016.jpg

Here it is next to the ANOVOS

20180416_190815.jpg

20180416_191609.jpg

RS has hit it out of the ballpark again - this is a fantastic product!

Not much need to post pics of the full helmet as others are doing so and we all know what these things look like. But here's a detail shot:

5D3_5523_small.jpg

I was early on the list; mine has a very nice personalized signature inside the dome:

5D3_5519_small.jpg5D3_5525_small.jpg

Thanks to Alan and everyone on the RS team for their efforts to bring this to us!

Dan

Wow, thanks for the comparison.

The ANOVOS looks good but smaller, isn't it?

IF it's smaller, it's only slightly. I have the ANOVOS on a shorter stand. The cowell on the ANOVOS makes their helmet almost unwearable. The ANOVOS cowell is thicker & much stiffer than the RS. You don't really even need a stand with the ANOVOS, cause it'll sit ON the cowell without it folding.

I agree. The ANOVOS does not look bad as a display piece. The cowell is just too stiff to be wearable.
But, man oh man, I love the RS! & it's easily wearable.
20180418_124141.jpg

Looks excellent to me - would love to see a side by side with an Anovos

Cheers

Jez

- - - Updated - - -

Do you say the Anovos is for display and the RS better for trooping?Or whats the difference?

Surely the other way around given the RS is hand made from a production helmet?

What’s the source for the Anovos, LFL archive helmet (genuinely don’t know)?

Cheers

Jez

Cheers

Jez

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers

Jez

From what I know the Anovos is scanned from a LF helmet.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. The ANOVOS does not look bad as a display piece. The cowell is just too stiff to be wearable.
But, man oh man, I love the RS! & it's easily wearable.
View attachment 810716

Do you mean cowl?Is it not an easy fix when you buy the Anovos kit and use bigger material?

Do you mean cowl?Is it not an easy fix when you buy the Anovos kit and use bigger material?

Yes, cowl. Spelling has never been my strong suit :lol

Here's a side by side comparison, with both helmets sitting on the same stand.
20180418_134428.jpg

& it's not that you would need "bigger material" to fix the kit. You would need the "correct" material.

Last edited:

Cheers

Jez

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers

Jez

If you've got time to kill, I made a lengthy video review

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, cowl. Spelling has never been my strong suit :lol

Here's a side by side comparison, with both helmets sitting on the same stand.
View attachment 810734

& it's not that you would need "bigger material" to fix the kit. You would need the "correct" material.

Haha..no problem.Now I know what you mean.:lol

The Anovos looks really a bit smaller.But beside from the cowlmaterial..wich parts are more accurate?Or are both?
The Cowlmaterial should be not a big problem to find the right stuff...for me the hardparts are more interesting.

Haha..no problem.Now I know what you mean.:lol

The Anovos looks really a bit smaller.But beside from the cowlmaterial..wich parts are more accurate?Or are both?
The Cowlmaterial should be not a big problem to find the right stuff...for me the hardparts are more interesting.

I'd definitely give tubachris85x's video a look. He explains way better than I can the issues that the ANOVOS Snowie helmet has. I completely agree with him. For a display piece, if you're not looking for absolute accuracy, it's good. If you're looking for something to troop in? There's no way, it's unwearable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.I will look the review when I find the time.
For me its not important to wear it.But if the hardparts are accurate I think I would change the cowlmaterial and build a better helmet as Anovos itself.
I really hate it that RS is not selling kits of their helmets.For me its not important to have the signed plaque or something.I wanna build my own helmet from screenshots and expophotos to create my own (for me) perfect version.
If you contact RS they always say(if they answer)..look on our facebookpage for updates(No time and no facebookaccount)...and in their confusing onlineshop everything is out of stock.So if I could find a good alternative to their helmets I would go this road.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back