X-Wing Pilot Helmet

Collectorchris

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I just pulled the trigger after a ton of searching for an X-Wing Pilot Helmet. I plan to do a full SA costume in the coming months. After looking for and researching the APH-6B helmets and trying to figure the modifications out, I decided to go with one of Darth Hair's assembled kits found here:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/170597...h_query=Xwing pilot helmet&ref=sr_gallery-1-3

All of his Etsy reviews are great, but had a hard time finding actual prop collectors mentioning it much as far as Googling reviews..

I am going to do the paint weathering, and detailing myself when it arrives. Of course I am doing it Red 5 style!

Anyone have any thoughts on these? Or advise on to paint or decal, weathering something like this, etc...?

I have wanted one of these about as long as I wanted Luke/Obi Wans ANH Lightsabers, so I am super stoked about finally getting this thing!

Last edited:
I bought this kit. Very happy with it! I haven't had the time to finish it yet though. Make sure you watch the videos he posted to help you put it together, very helpful

Thanks, I saw the video links on his page and watched the first couple. I like that he is so detail oriented and had such positive feedback on his Etsy store. I just found something online a bit ago, saying these can be nicer then even the EFX Helmets if painted properly. So I am thinking I made the right decision.

I have a Darth Hair X-Wing helmet also and it is very nice. The liner he supplies is very cool and finishes it out nicely. I did mine in a custom paint job using he decals he supplied with it.

40698806251_4420fdffe1_z.jpg

40656126372_6acb7c6bd8_z.jpg

Here is a pic of the mic. I jazzed up the interior with some old speakers in the ear cups, a cordless phone keypad circuit board, and tubing from a car AC recharge kit haha.

39988863164_e7983caf3f_z.jpg

Thanks Trent! I am going to reference your for when I start painting mine. Any recommendation on the colors? Did you airbrush or rattle can yours?

I just joined the RPF, and this is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I'm also looking into DH's helmet and chest box, even the com pads.

xbadcardx that helmet looks great!

I'm looking to custom paint mine as well, taking some inspiration from Blue Leader, General Merrick's Rogue One design. Does anyone know a good vendor for decals?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking custom paint job! Walter’s fiberglass kit is nice if you can find one!

Anyone have an extra chin cup? Please let me know if you do, thanks!

UPDATE: DH helmet looks fantastic, and he even sent me some beautiful decals that matched my intended color pallet.

Here's the template I designed:

32460131_10102639715960157_521899815647313920_n.jpg

And here's my helmet after DH's decals:

36890884_10102680598840537_7761458554770292736_o.jpg

Still need to be painted, and then the capital ship kill decals will be added along the edge of the mohawk.

So far, I'm incredibly pleased with this. The blues are a little darker than I intended, but I think once I get the greens and yellows more prominent, it'll look good.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back