Reconstructing a more realistic Sabine Wren figure

jusdrewit

Sr Member
I love Star Wars Rebels, and the art direction they took. Still, sometimes I wonder how certain characters/models would appear if in a SW movie and how their designs would change, and not be restricted by the Rebels artistic look. Namely, I have been lately pondering how a more realistic Sabine would appear if she were in a SW movie. Every cosplay I see or Anovos replica naturally just replicates the cartoon show. However we can clearly see that certain details on models, armors etc are deduced, elongated, simplified and changed purely for aesthetic reasons. (See the Tie Fighter, Star Destroyer, Scout Trooper armor in Rebels for an idea) which led me to believe perhaps Sabine's armor and design may actually be more intricate in 'real life' than how it appears in the show while still being faithful to the idea of her look.

I am currently planning on taking the Sabine W Forces of Destiny figure, and customizing that into a more detailed figure, hopefully that will blend right in next to my 12" Fett Medicom figures and not appear out of place. Has anyone else thought of this or created any such idea? Just wondering!

I love Star Wars Rebels, and the art direction they took. Still, sometimes I wonder how certain characters/models would appear if in a SW movie and how their designs would change, and not be restricted by the Rebels artistic look. Namely, I have been lately pondering how a more realistic Sabine would appear if she were in a SW movie. Every cosplay I see or Anovos replica naturally just replicates the cartoon show. However we can clearly see that certain details on models, armors etc are deduced, elongated, simplified and changed purely for aesthetic reasons. (See the Tie Fighter, Star Destroyer, Scout Trooper armor in Rebels for an idea) which led me to believe perhaps Sabine's armor and design may actually be more intricate in 'real life' than how it appears in the show while still being faithful to the idea of her look.

I am currently planning on taking the Sabine W Forces of Destiny figure, and customizing that into a more detailed figure, hopefully that will blend right in next to my 12" Fett Medicom figures and not appear out of place. Has anyone else thought of this or created any such idea? Just wondering!

Closest thing I've seen to what you are describing are the 6" Black Series figures. They did some more "realistic" looking SW Rebels characters. Would be interested in seeing where your project goes!

Link for reference.

https://jediinsider.com/index.php?itemid=18015&catid=244

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back