Bucky Barnes Infinity War Reference Photos

actonofficial

Long time lurker, first time poster. In anticipation of Infinity War, I'm going to make my third Bucky Barnes metal arm build and wanted to put together reference photos for his new look. Since he's got a new arm and a new codename I thought it would be good to do a separate thread.

• Still from trailer
  • New Promo Art
  • Cropped promo image
  • From Entertainment Weekly Cover
  • And, of course, a screenshot from Sebastian Stan's Instagram story of the action figure.

Attachments

• yup.png
    yup.png
    511.7 KB · Views: 467
  • i'm.jpg
    i'm.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 439
  • my boy.jpg
    my boy.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 463
  • yelly.jpg
    yelly.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 614
  • new arm.png
    new arm.png
    812.6 KB · Views: 425
Ok... just bought and tried on that Calvin Klein jacket. Now, I'm a woman, 40 chest, 5'9" and it's a "Slim Fit" Medium (I'm not paying over $100 for a jacket that I'm going to cut the left arm off) and I could barely get it over my shoulders. In Mens coats I usually wear a Medium. Forget about zipping it up. The biceps (and I admit, I lift weights- you can see me in my profile pic. That Left Arm is my real arm inside that foam) could barely fit inside the sleeves. IT IS AN AWESOME jacket! The blue and the texture and the construction was GREAT and would make a *NEARLY* screen accurate jacket once you did the detailing. But unless you are a willowy man or woman, you will NOT fit in this.

I have seen it on Ebay (medium only) and a few other locations. I can see why Mediums didn't sell well.

So... looks like I'm going to bite the bullet and self pattern a jacket. I can't find any decent patterns for "Asymmetrical motorcycle jacket" so I'll do what I do and wing it. I'll pattern it to myself and see how it looks. I'm a noob sewer/patterner. We'll see how it goes!

Good luck everyone!

Kcail1

Any one have a clue/pattern for this jacket? I am looking at photos but the back is so incomplete, I'm having a hard time visualizing it.

kcail1

Ok... just bought and tried on that Calvin Klein jacket. Now, I'm a woman, 40 chest, 5'9" and it's a "Slim Fit" Medium (I'm not paying over $100 for a jacket that I'm going to cut the left arm off) and I could barely get it over my shoulders. In Mens coats I usually wear a Medium. Forget about zipping it up. The biceps (and I admit, I lift weights- you can see me in my profile pic. That Left Arm is my real arm inside that foam) could barely fit inside the sleeves. IT IS AN AWESOME jacket! The blue and the texture and the construction was GREAT and would make a *NEARLY* screen accurate jacket once you did the detailing. But unless you are a willowy man or woman, you will NOT fit in this.

I have seen it on Ebay (medium only) and a few other locations. I can see why Mediums didn't sell well.

So... looks like I'm going to bite the bullet and self pattern a jacket. I can't find any decent patterns for "Asymmetrical motorcycle jacket" so I'll do what I do and wing it. I'll pattern it to myself and see how it looks. I'm a noob sewer/patterner. We'll see how it goes!

Good luck everyone!

Kcail1

If you get a pattern done I would love to see it.

That's gonna be my plan too

Ok. Keep in mind, I have zero sewing experience and have taught myself via youtube and reading. So my patterns may be total crap. :)

kcail1

- - - Updated - - -

I NEVER thought about that! And I fenced in college. Great idea! Except dying the fabric would be difficult. I have talked to the Ladies of the Legion groups, who have experienced dyers, and sometimes it's very difficult to get fabrics that may contain artificial threads (nylon etc) to dye correctly. But it's worth a look. Plus you'd have to tailor the waist.

Kcail1

Not the highest quality image, but I did find a fairly reasonable shot of Buck's new arm. 20180511_161056.jpg

Also another image, not sure where it's from though so I don't know if it's totally accurate.

Details.jpg

Last edited:
I am working on a pattern now... I have run into a few snags, like I patterned it backwards (fixed) and also the sleeve might give me a hard time. I'll try to upload pictures soon. Again- disclaimer- I am a compete and utter novice. And I fully intend to run this one through with some cheap muslin or similar before I buy nice stuff.

Anyone have a lead on those metal tabs at the end of the wrap?

Kcail1

Here is a pattern I have made from my Gap Moto-jersey jacket. Disclaimer: I do not know how to sew. I have taught myself and do not claim these to be "screen authentic". I do know they work for me, because my standards for my comic con costumes are fairly loose.

Also, the Back piece, I traced from my coat. In the photo you are looking at the OUTSIDE of the jacket (silly me). Also, I mentally flipped the interior of the jacket as well. I did number all the joining points correctly however, I am a woman, so if you're a dude, you probably want to take this in some. The original jacket is a size XL, or Mens Medium (roughly). The sewing allowance is 1 cm, or about 1/2 inch. The mockup is made of muslin, pinned, not sewn as I made some adjustments for my gender from the paper pattern.

I have not added the collar yet either.

Have fun brining Bucky back from the dustbin.

8belles. IMG_0760.JPGIMG_0759.JPGIMG_0758.JPGIMG_0757.JPGIMG_0756.JPGIMG_0755.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

There is a Chinese guy on Etsy selling custom outfits like this one. I bet that is one of his. No clue if its worth it.

8belles

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back