Bucky Barnes Infinity War Reference Photos

So I got GunHeadDesign to design a pattern for Buck's new arm.

As much as I'd love to do a proper prosthesis sort of thing, I think lycra will be a lot more comfortable and won't be as irritating.

If anyone would wanna go for the same thing, I can send them the pattern I got.

What kind of lycra are you buying? I have some sweet bright silver I used for my WS Bucky, which is very comfy. I was debating the lycra option, but do they make a dark grey/purple tint lycra anywhere?

Also- jacket material? Ripstop nylon? I'm not buying cordura for my purposes.

kcail1

I just got the pattern printed onto lycra.

Screenshot_20180526-231634_Drive.jpg

So hopefully it'll look a lot better than what I could make with foam or whatever.

Wow... how did you do that? And will you sew the edges together to make the arm? Are you attaching it to a shirt? Nice!

kcail1

It's basically like a Spider-Man Sub dye pattern. GunHeadDesign made it, I supplied images.

The left arm is the main part of the design, the rest of the pattern is just a black shirt with muscle shading. So I'll be able to wear it with anything and be a lot more comfortable.

Just waiting on the fabric now, and then sending it off to someone that can work with lycra better than I can.

That site looks really cool. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the arm cost to print? You just upload the image and viola, it's printed/cut and sent? I can sew a seam... hmm.

His spidey stuff looks amazing.

Kcail1

I basically just contacted him to do the pattern. Which he just designs in photoshop. So it's the arm on a black muscle shaded shirt.

And I'm getting it printed at zentai-zentai. So total for the shirt I've spent around $170 AUD.

I'm also working on something not at all accurate to Buck's IW costume, which is a Nerf Longshot, modding it to look like a Wakandan Railgun.

Proof of Concept for my pattern. This is thrown together really quick in muslin and fast flat stitching. No collar, or right sleeve and I am a woman, so I included a few shaping elements for curves. Obviously I need to make the under panel longer for a better fit and fix the arm holes some. But, hopefully it helps anyone thinking about sewing a jacket themselves. Any suggestions about the fabric? JoAnn only has ripstop nylon that doesn't have the right texture and is a bit brighter blue.

kcail1IMG_0808.jpgIMG_0809.jpg

Looking at a clip of Steve and Buck reuniting it looks like his jacket isn't just plain blue. Looks like it almost has mud and dirt on it already.

But it does look kind of like nylon. Or maybe even Gortex?

Anyone got any ideas for the gun? I'm in Australia so it's like a huge pain in the ass to get one. Hence my Nerf Gun idea.

Thanks for the thoughts on the fabric. With my sewing skills, I'm not about to drop a lot of $$ on Cordura or Gortex. The JoAnn ripstop fabric is just so... thin. I don't think I could get it to "standup" in the jacket, even if I did interfacing, which I am clueless on. I'll probably try to get a nice canvas-weight blue with some texture. Still not sure what to do with the metal tabs on the end of the panel. I have pleather for the shoulder parts I'll fashion.

Nerf is great for "replicas" but the toy is too is expensive for me. I am not sure if you have Walmarts in Australia (or similar) but I just get the inexpensive toy and then paint. I did see a Bucky at a local con make the magnetic bomb gun from a toy and two pie plates with LED lights. It was pretty sick.

Good luck.

Kcail1

Last edited:
So I just got my shirt finished if anyone was curious how it would turn out.

Vibranium Arm Shirt.jpg

Also featuring my Wakandan Railgun Nerf Longshot.

Only thing I need to do with the shirt is put a zip in at the collar, as it's just a little bit too tight at the moment. But it feels very good, and I think looks spectacular. So shout out to GunHeadDesign for making the design for me.

Just an FYI, at JoAnn Fabrics there is a great sale on spandex under the Label "Witching Hour" It looked a lot like this Ya Ya Han spandex but it was Black as the primary color with shimmery purple over, depending on the light, much how the light reflects off the Wakandan arm. I bought some gold paint pens to sew myself a sleeve and then draw in the plates. I'll let you know how that goes.

https://www.joann.com/yaya-han-cosp...-slick/15220932.html#q=purple+spandex&start=1

kcail1

Hi there-
Not sure how active this thread still is, but wondering if anyone here IDed the knife on his leg, or what exactly is strapped to his arm (another knife?)

No clue. There are so few clear shots of him in the films. The magazines were not emphasizing that, unfortunately. Perhaps he's recycling some of his previous blades?
kcail1

Hello everyone! To answer the question, I'm almost positive that the knife he is using is a usmc M9 bayonet. There aren't very many reference images, but there was an interview where he briefly showed the blade and you can see a blurry handle in the film. I hope that helps!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back