The Mandalorian (TV series)

Re: Live Action Star Wars Series

This makes indecent parts of me stir.

I like, and have always liked, the idea of the Mandalorians having been a people, or an organization. I enjoyed their portrayal in the comics pre and post Revan. I also like the idea that they're a scattered and shattered people, and all of the "Goons" have since returned to their own lives, died of incompetence, or otherwise left the Mandalorians, leaving you with the cream of the crop, just out there trying to live by their warrior code, but still make a living off of conflict.

[posted in another thread, but I'm moving to this one, the other thread is in the costuming section for some reason, so it's not long for the world]

Re: Jon Favreau Star Wars TV series..

Well, I think the chances for a Fett "solo" movie are now officially dead.
LF / Disney will use this TV series as a "substitute" for the Fett film. Which, in the end, may be a good thing.

PS: I like that his armor is a miss mash of different armor plating / etc. cobbled together from different sources.
I would have like to see the sidearm be a Pulce speargun, however.

Huh, that's interesting; his holster appears to be part of the bandolier, tucked in and around the belt. that's a neat look. also means that the bandolier isn't hooked onto the rifle like a sling (the rifle probably hooks into it, but you'd have to take your belt off to get at your rifle otherwise :p)

Re: Jon Favreau's streaming 'Star Wars' series is 'The Mandalorian'

The historical record disagrees with you, sir. There was a whole lot of angst on the interwebs when they had a black stormtrooper. Also, see everything revolving around Rose Tico.

I would've loved to see this be about Sabine, but I'm also all for new characters with no connection to Jedi or Skywalkers as well.

It depends on your perception of the historical record i suppose, i'm thinking the fan reaction had something to do with the fact that Disney did pretty much everything it could to make sure anybody but a "White Male" was part of the new direction of the main Star Wars trilogy;)

Anyways i'm getting a real "The Man With No Name" vibe from the costume and sets, i wonder if the Eastwood movies are still a big influence on Favreau like with the original Boba Fett design.

The gunslinger in space idea cold work out really well if done right.

...Anyways i'm getting a real "The Man With No Name" vibe from the costume and sets, i wonder if the Eastwood movies are still a big influence on Favreau like with the original Boba Fett design...

The Man With No Clan-Name

Do we have any clues as to how this will air? I've seen it referred to as a "streaming" show, any word as to if that means it's hitting prime or Netflix, or if it going on some sort of Disney streaming service (they have one, right?)?

It depends on your perception of the historical record i suppose, i'm thinking the fan reaction had something to do with the fact that Disney did pretty much everything it could to make sure anybody but a "White Male" was part of the new direction of the main Star Wars trilogy;)

Anyways i'm getting a real "The Man With No Name" vibe from the costume and sets, i wonder if the Eastwood movies are still a big influence on Favreau like with the original Boba Fett design.

The gunslinger in space idea cold work out really well if done right.

Well, there are a zillion and one other movies (including most of Star Wars) where white dudes get the limelight, so I guess your mileage may vary. :p

I also feel that the concept of a spaghetti western can be transplanted beautifully into the Star Wars universe. I'm legit excited for this series.

- - - Updated - - -

Do we have any clues as to how this will air? I've seen it referred to as a "streaming" show, any word as to if that means it's hitting prime or Netflix, or if it going on some sort of Disney streaming service (they have one, right?)?

It's going to be on the Disney streaming service, I do believe.

Nuts. I was hoping against hope that it wouldn't be that. Guess I'm waiting on DVD/Blu-ray :p.

I'm at my max streaming services, gotta draw the line someplace, and I've reached mine.

That's the great thing about streaming services. You can watch this stuff any time. If you're already subscribed to too many others, unsubscribe from one, get the Disney one for a bit, then unsubscribe when you're done. You don't have to constantly be paying for all the services at all times. I pick up Hulu when there's something I want to watch, then drop it once I'm done. I only keep Netflix all the time. Can't be bothered to purchase physical media any more. They just collect dust.

Screenshot_20181006-011034_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's by Phil Noto, who's done some cover artwork for Marvel Star Wars comics. Not sure if its official artwork for the show or if he has any insider info on the costume, but if that artwork is representative of the character's costume and gear, then its kinda cool that he'd be carrying the Holiday Special rifle.

I'm trying to remember, was 1313 going to be set before, or after, Return of the Jedi?

If i recall, 1313 was set between 3 and 4, and told the story of a young upcoming Boba, and dealt with the underlife of Coruscant and him becoming a bounty hunter etc

It's hazy and depends on the timeline. Originally it was not fett it was a new character, they made good progress on the game and GL decided to make it Fett as i recall which set them back. It had a number of changes and the changes inevitably killed it (too much invested, no return, etc)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back