A Wrinkle In Time (Post-release)

What did you think of A Wrinkle In Time?

• It was great. Loved it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

0neiros

Master Member
A Wrinkle in Time

First off, this book was/is a favorite of mine, it really got me on the road to reading as a kid. So courtesy of Disney, this is coming to the big screen. Now Disney did a made for TV Version a few years back, and it was awful. What is known for now, Screenwriter - Jennifer Lee who penned Frozen and Zootopia, Director - Ava DuVernay who directed Selma, First casting Oprah as Mrs. Which. So far, so good. I Just hope they don't try to cram the whole book into 90 minutes like they did the TV Version (I'm taking actual show time VS commercial time into account.) I'm assuming this will be a CG Animated version as opposed to live, which Given the subject may actually translate better than a live action that gets lost in an FX Fest. To me this movie should be more about the story with the visual aspect enhancing it, but Hollywood nowadays doesn't seem to get that, so I'm very guarded.

Re: A Wrinkle in Time

It's always been my favorite series. I'm hoping as well that they keep close to the story. The one that was made a while back was terrible. Certain parts don't make any sense if they leave out parts. I want something similar to golden compass but sticking to the original source material.

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk

Just after the Previews, I'm staying far away from this. Normally I admonish people forming an opinion based on previews, but I can tell Hollywood missed the point of the book. Hell it looks like they took the book and instead of reading it wiped their butts with it and went with the impression they got from that.

I saw it today with my grand kids. They enjoyed it. I thought it was fine. The book can be a bit confusing in places and some of that can carry over to the movie but I think it still works for kids just fine. An example would be an adult may wonder a bit more how Charles Wallace initially makes friends with the Mrs. characters and they never really explain that but the kids will just make it past that issue pretty quickly.

It has been a while since I've read the book so I can't even remember what the book says about that anyway :)

Took the kids to see it against my better judgement. Best thing about the movie was the refillable popcorn and coke. Kids got bored. We use movie pass, so technically it was free. Is it possible to get my money back for a free movie. It was awful. Enough with the PC brainwashing....just a bad movie all the way around.

-OWK

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back