MY DL-21 Hoth/Dengar blaster build

sctcarts

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just wanted to show off my finished DL-21. The parts break down as follows:

-The main body, magazine, barrel and trigger are 3D printed files I found on Thingiverse posted by user mightyjebus and printed in PLA on my Taz Mini

-The scope is scratch built and molded by me.

-Scope mounts are real

-The handle is a vintage Sterling grip in my collection that I molded and cast.

-The greeblies are all molded and cast vintage parts I've collected from the appropriate kits and pieces, with the exception of the mystery part on the lower left side - that piece I scratch built, molded, and cast.

-The mortar fin is a beautiful cast of a vintage piece that I purchased from maker StarWarsCostumeProps on etsy.

20180307_003321.jpg20180307_003329.jpg
20180307_003825.jpg20180307_003835.jpg
20180307_003845.jpg

Awesome job with this Build! This is Robert A from “StarWarsCostumeProps”. The pieces came together really well. Great job with that Scope too!

Thanks everyone, I like that this blaster was a combination of 3D printing, casting and scratch building - my three favorite things!

Awesome job with this Build! This is Robert A from “StarWarsCostumeProps”. The pieces came together really well. Great job with that Scope too!

Thanks Robert, I always am impressed with the fidelity of your castings, I have 2 of your droid callers as well - I assume you pressure cast? Thanks for offering the pieces you do!

Beautiful! I am working on one right now. Did you cast your own scope rings and scope mount? I need to track these down to complete my build.

The scope rings are still available iirc...will check for the correct brand/ size asap
The scope rail is just a piece of flat stock

Thanks Markus, I should have known you would have the answer. Interested in the brand / size once you find time to navigate through your vast database of blaster info.
Like the Falcon through astroids.

Attachments

• asteroid-field-gif.gif
    asteroid-field-gif.gif
    969.6 KB · Views: 115
Beautiful! I am working on one right now. Did you cast your own scope rings and scope mount? I need to track these down to complete my build.
Thanks! As Markus said (and I consider him the MASTER when it comes to these blaster builds), the scope rings are still available - I believe I got mine off of ebay about 3 years ago, and the rail is just flat aluminum stock.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back