Val & Lyra Erso's Scout Blaster? (Rogue One & Solo ASWS)

E Williams

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-580.jpg
rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-622.jpg

Have any behind-the-scenes photos of Lyra Erso's blaster surfaced? It looks to be a larger scale version of the ROTJ biker scout blasters - note how all four fingers fit in the handguard, versus the ROTJ where this would be very difficult if not impossible, even for a smaller hand. I can't tell if the whole thing is scaled up into a larger overall size, or if it's just got a longer grip as with some fan-modified recasts of the Kenner toy (for that matter, I'm not sure how oversized the Kenner toy already is to begin with).

Random side note: the Rebels scout blaster also has a longer style grip, enabling the characters on that show to also fit four fingers inside the guard:
rebels-412-trivia-gallery-4_c474d965.jpeg

Last edited:
Re: Lyra Erso's Scout Blaster? (Rogue One)

It may show it in the Rogue One visual dictionary. I'll try to remember to look at it tonight.

There used to be a fan made replica available that allowed for all the fingers to fit. I think it used to be commonly found on eBay but I do not seem to see it anymore.

I believe this is the source though: http://modelersormice.com/index.html

From the lack of great images, it is hard to see if any other details are different to the know scout blaster. It looks to have a longer thinner scope too.

Last edited:

Cool, yeah that looks like the fan-made grip style I was thinking about. IIRC the one that Wakal/Dreadnought made (~15 ?) years ago was similar to that one too (if not the same) - I built one of theirs but sold it soon after so my recollection is fuzzy. I do remember it was at least partly based on the Kenner version as the scope had the depression near the back end for the ROTJ sticker as on the toy.

From what I could tell while watching the movie yesterday, Val (Thandie Newton) in Solo uses this same blaster.

Edit: And here's a somewhat clear look at it!

solo-costume-design-val.jpg

Not to derail, but what trooper is that in MJF's post above?

@steve.madethis built the prop

Thanks for posting this! Here's his Instagram with great photos of the prop in progress:

This was made for Lyra Erso, Jyn's mother (Valene Kane) in 2015 for Rouge One.

It's very similar to the EC-17 Blaster held by the Scout troopers in The Return of the Jedi. The main difference is the over sized barrel.

First picture shows
Top left - Hero
Top right - Stunt rubber
Bottom left - Background

Concepts by @mattsav.concept

Propmaster Jamie Wilkinson

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back