Kryptonite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simpson77

28423973_1880570165295734_245211217917877378_o.jpg28424132_1882091781810239_6049547149432744608_o.jpgNew project, decided to make a nice chunk of kryptonite meteor. Only to be used in the event of a rogue Kryptonian.

Awesome. Are you making it clear and how will you make it glow?

Yip, it will be transparent emerald green. I will be making it glow simply by installing those flameless LED flickering tea lights. Have a good feeling about this one!!! :)

Yip, it will be transparent emerald green. I will be making it glow simply by installing those flameless LED flickering tea lights. Have a good feeling about this one!!! :)

Cool. So it will be molded and cast? Have you considered green glow powder?

Yes, that's the plan. The pics I have already posted is just the master that I shall be going to mould in silicone rubber, then cast in green resin. Not going to use any glow powder, just going to stick with the flickering tea lamps. :)
Cool. So it will be molded and cast? Have you considered green glow powder?

Same lighting concept I'm using in another build I'm working on currently (Sankara stones). It works well and those batteries last longer than I thought they would! Can't wait to see how this pans out and if you do a run I'd definitely be interested!

Same lighting concept I'm using in another build I'm working on currently (Sankara stones). It works well and those batteries last longer than I thought they would! Can't wait to see how this pans out and if you do a run I'd definitely be interested!
Cool, will look forward to seeing how your sankara stones turns out. Yea, might easy do a few for the die hard Superman fan :) Will have to see how the sculpt, mould and first pour comes out. I'm relativley new to this casting game, haha.

Cool, will look forward to seeing how your sankara stones turns out. Yea, might easy do a few for the die hard Superman fan :) Will have to see how the sculpt, mould and first pour comes out. I'm relativley new to this casting game, haha.
I'm sure others can chime in but here's my 2/100's of a dollar.. casting in clear resin is difficult without a pressure pot. It's not that pouring or mixing the resin is much different, but the problem with clear resin is that you can see bubbles. With the use of a pressure pot, you should be able to eliminate most or all of the bubbles from your cast creating a clean, and beautiful piece.. it's not impossible to get a good cast without a pressure pot, but if you are looking at doing quite a bit of casting with this resin you should definitely look into the investment ;)

I'm sure others can chime in but here's my 2/100's of a dollar.. casting in clear resin is difficult without a pressure pot. It's not that pouring or mixing the resin is much different, but the problem with clear resin is that you can see bubbles. With the use of a pressure pot, you should be able to eliminate most or all of the bubbles from your cast creating a clean, and beautiful piece.. it's not impossible to get a good cast without a pressure pot, but if you are looking at doing quite a bit of casting with this resin you should definitely look into the investment ;)
Thank you, really do appreciate any advice. Before setting out on this venture I did indeed invest in a pressure pot. :) So that'll be ready to rock 'N' roll once I'm happy with this sculpt. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back