My first (& Simple) DIY Gun Prop from "Leon the Professional"

Yaan

As i am a big fan of that movie, i decided to make a prop which should be simple to make and low cost.

In some scenes, Leon uses his Beretta 92 FS with an attached compensator and later added a silencer in different scenes:

leon_08eps_060815175438.jpg

I could`nt get my hands on that compensator, so i decided to design it by myself using sketchup:

Sketch.jpeg

This was printed on a CR-10 printer:

It came out good, this was pretty okay for my needs. The logo inlays were printed seperately.
IMG_1222 2.jpg IMG_1225 2.jpg

Testfit to the Umarex Airsoft and then painted matte black and attached to the model.

IMG_1229 2.jpg IMG_1233.jpg

I weathered the compensator and model to get a used look:

IMG_1293.jpg IMG_1294 2.jpg

I am happy how this turned out and it was a very cheap build. You can do this for under 50€.

m3iy4ksU6zUx.jpg twotone.jpeg

The compensator could be improved, it is not accurate but you can download it on Thingiverse.com :)

And finally, i got my hands on a metal ALGIMEC compensator so i will do a second "as isssued" version.

Attachments

• 800px-Leon-Beretta92FSComp-4.jpg
    800px-Leon-Beretta92FSComp-4.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_1219 2.jpg
    IMG_1219 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 293
Last edited by a moderator:
And i made a nice display for both of them:

IMG_1619.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1622.jpg
    IMG_1622.jpg
    696.2 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_1621.jpg
    IMG_1621.jpg
    745.7 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_1620.jpg
    IMG_1620.jpg
    734.6 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_1618.jpg
    IMG_1618.jpg
    633.3 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1617.jpg
    IMG_1617.jpg
    731 KB · Views: 1,561
Thank you very much. In fact, Sketchup is actually easy to learn. I started with easy things and learned step by step, as in needed more complicated functions.

I can recommend watching some YouTube Tutorials to see how it`s done:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work! I have a screen accurate piece that I modeled for my Leon gun case weapons, I can send you over good reference pics and such if you'd like. Find slips right on an Umarex as well

PM sent. Hah and yeah that's a work in progress..... The thing about the RPF is, when we find something iconic, we don't cut corners. I've got the guns. I just need the right person to lose a top hat 110 years ago. :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back