bent Obi Wan saber

redbutton

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
after finding a rather bent grenade, and beautiful clamp, i picked up replica parts to finish it off! Used two hex head bolts dremeled to exact length inside the emitter and pommel! pictured here with Toms Yuma saber, awaiting green reflective tape. Halliwax is a clever dude!!!

Attachments

• 8B393C25-70BE-43E3-AB7D-3EF395DDB144.jpeg
    8B393C25-70BE-43E3-AB7D-3EF395DDB144.jpeg
    587.7 KB · Views: 256
  • BFED676B-4044-4070-B31E-2AB76F2BFF69.jpeg
    BFED676B-4044-4070-B31E-2AB76F2BFF69.jpeg
    742 KB · Views: 155
  • 2CA4AFCF-53A1-4871-99CF-259815F42B6E.jpeg
    2CA4AFCF-53A1-4871-99CF-259815F42B6E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 179
that alumi-nipple!

that phrasing... hahaha

it's literally my new favorite prop. I think you deserve more recognition for breaking that mystery. three screws and some JB weld has this thing rock solid.

My girlfriend has literally been waving this lightsaber around! shes in love, and I think I am too.

A cut-off wheel and a sanding sponge got these bolts very smooth on this obi wan saber.

Your the reasoning behind my obsession with the Yuma saber

Was going to paint this weekend but this weather is kicking our butts.. came home to water in my basement.. fun stuff, Props survived but carpet and couch didn’t..

I think I’m going black with my copper pipe, to disguise the copper.

You and your team (dad, and girl friend) keep me posted with ur projects! Never a disappointment with your threads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, I gotta ask. Any theories on how the grenade got "bent"? Oh, and dibs on the alumi-nipple domain name... I checked and it's still available :)

I don't know if I could intentionally build a bent Obi saber, even if it is technically accurate. I guess that puts me in the idealized camp, but I'm okay with that.

Good job though.

OK, I gotta ask. Any theories on how the grenade got "bent"? Oh, and dibs on the alumi-nipple domain name... I checked and it's still available :)

The grenade could have been dropped, or just stuck in the mud with other parts. Or buried under mounts of mud and the rods get bent first. Maybe it was just aliens.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back