LOST Virgin Mary Statue

I'm led to believe, by the storyline, that the statues were supposedly made by the lady selling them on that table in front of the church, or by someone else affiliated with the church. If that's the case, how much detail would these people be able to make the statues with, especially in mass quantities? It's a 3rd world country and they're selling them to get the highest return on their investment (less money spent on materials = more statues that can be made) so that they can buy more Polio vaccine.

Knowing that, I'd say they're 2nd generation castings so that they appear to be made locally and have a "home made" feel to them, and besides, I doubt the show would've sprung for several hundred statues at $40 each, especially for such a minor item (though one seen frequently)...

Just my take on it.

Finding a manufacturer would be nice. :thumbsup

Originally posted by Fetthunter@Feb 2 2006, 11:19 AM
I doubt the show would've sprung for several hundred statues at $40 each, especially for such a minor item (though one seen frequently)...

Just my take on it.

Finding a manufacturer would be nice.  :thumbsup
[snapback]1174275[/snapback]​

That's why they would have gone with the manufacturer and not a supplier. You work a deal with the manufacturer for a custom build that wouldn't be available with a supplier.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back