Round2 Producing a 1/350 Star Trek TMP K'Tinga

They don't have to release any pictures at all. It's unheard of that a model manufacturer gets its buyers so aware of the process, and difficulties of getting an item into production....and even takes advice from those same buyers. I wish more companies would actually listen to their customers.

TazMan2000

It's been a very crazy week for me (emphasis on CRAZY) but I wanted to say that I just received a set of test shots for this kit. I am quite honestly blown away! I really didn't think it could be this nice.

I'm very grateful to Jamie Hood at Round2 Corp for the incredible effort it took to get this product to market. He was determined to "get it right" and I think these results reflect that.

In fact, this could be the most authentic and amazing Star Trek model kit yet. It's also the first mass-produced, officially licensed, injection-molded plastic kit made from patterns I created. This makes me feel like a proud papa. :D

Honestly? My wish is that they'd make a new tool of the 1/350 Refit with a lighting kit. The 2002 kit was great for its day, but it's errors and flaws are well-documented. I've been whittling and reshaping mine for years and I still fear when all is said and done the nacelles will still sag. A new kit will never happen, but a guy can dream.

Attachments

• Pre-OrderMIM.jpg
    Pre-OrderMIM.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 237
Edge, you deserve big kudos for spotting all these updates, especially the Bandai updates, and bringing them to our attention. I'd be so much more uninformed without your posts. Just putting that out there. :cheers

Edge, you deserve big kudos for spotting all these updates, especially the Bandai updates, and bringing them to our attention. I'd be so much more uninformed without your posts. Just putting that out there. :cheers

Thank you. It's easy when you have no talent and no real life to speak of. :lol

There is always going to be a divide between people who want to paint it exactly like the studio model is (if the colour of the photograph is correct) and those who want to paint it as it appeared on screen. There will always be those that won't use either and will paint it to suit themselves.

TazMan2000

I remember my first impression of seeing the K'tinga on screen in 1979 was that the ships looked silver-gray. Kinda a steel color. I don't ever remember thinking the ships looked green and being surprised when I saw the AMT kit on the shelves and saw the low rez pictures of the studio model on the box. I was also 13 at the time, which was both a million years ago and yesterday. This kit for me is a fulfillment of that 13-year-old boy's dream, so I'll paint it more toward an on-screen appearance. I'll mix in some green and blue pearlescent paint and overspray here and there with some metallics to give it that steel look (while still being greenish).

I painted my original K'Tinga kit metallic steel (with some aluminum and copper detailing) and IMO it looked great- it fit the no nonsense look of the ship well.
Might do the same for this new one...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back