Round2 Producing a 1/350 Star Trek TMP K'Tinga

edge10

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
http://www.collectormodel.com/round2-models/4286-star-trek-model-kits-all-new-1350-ktinga-model-kit/

POL950_Ktinga_ModelKit_1_lores.jpg

Design work by our own Charles Adams. So that's what those CAD drawings were for.

Well, I'm glad those that wanted one for years are finally getting one. I personally don't have interest in non-Federation ships, but there's no doubt Round2 did a phenominal job with this one. Looks really nice and sharp and all the lines are in scale which is something that can't be said for their 1:1000 kits.

YES!!!

Now if they would only do a Reliant in 350! OR... the 1701-D in 1/1000, I'd do just about anything for either of those at a decent price!

Only one(s) I'm doing in that scale is my triptych of NCC-1701, as launched (2245), midlife (2265), and at the time of death (2285), but that is beautiful. I don't expect this to spur them to re-tool their 1:1000 version, but it'd be nice...

--Jonah

I think it will sell well. I also think people will be buying it up to resell once it is out of production... seems that happens a lot

Will be a day one purchase. I had been researching for building one myself (on the odd chance that they didn't do it) and had begun some components but this will make my life FAR easier.

I just made the hour drive (one way) to my hobby store to pick up my layaway. I told him about this kit and he wrote down all the information and said he will make sure he orders some and I told him to reserve two for me! So I have mine 'pre-preordered'!

I know they ship these in packages of four per box and try to spread it out between their dealers and distributors, so I'd say expect places to pretty much have four in stock when they are available. Some of the bigger outlets will be able to get more but they (Round2) are going to try to make sure all their affiliates that want some get at least a few.

When I spoke to Round2 on the phone they also confirmed they will be reissuing the Polar Lights TOS Light and Accessory kit and it will be out in the next couple of days. I also read that they will be coming out with a light/accessory kit for the K'tinga, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

Now let's hope they listen and do a 350 scale Reliant! I'd also love a 1/1000 1701-C/D/and E to go with my other 1000 scale ships. Doubtful they would ever do those, but I think the T'Kinga is going to sell out immediately, and that's a good thing because if they see money they may do more big scale kits. Personally I don't like the 2500 scale line, I like 'em BIG! :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back