Revell 1/29" X-Wing Build

whb64

This is one of the kits I did while I am on break from the Trek lighted builds. I needed a sanity break and wanted to do something that is fast and fun!
First, let me say this- I am in awe of the work you guys do on here. I am nowhere near the level that you guys are but I am learning and having fun!

The kit is supposed to be 1/29 scale, but that's very questionable. When built it comes out to right around 17" in length. Some say it is a 1/30 scale, but based on the Wiki database about X-Wings it is actually closer to 1/31.5 in scale. That's based on a T65C. This is perfect though because it's close enough to 1/32 scale that I can display it with my other 1/32 scale ships like the Viper and Raider. I'm also working on 1/32 scale A-Wings, a Y-Wing, Tie Fighters and bombers and of course Darth Vader's Tie fighter! I found a place to get a 1/32 scale Buck Rogers Starfighter. I just like seeing them all in scale to each other. It is really interesting when you see them compared that way. I also plan on doing some real world fighter jets in the same scale so people can see then compared to real like aircraft.

Anyway, here's my baby! I have no idea where to display it at right now though.

20180210_002306.jpg20180210_002323.jpg20180210_002341.jpg20180210_002355.jpg

This is a straight out of the box build. The only thing I did was some weathering. I just couldn't hold off, I got it in the mail Friday afternoon and had it done that night! The only other thing I did was I took my dremel and rounded out the hex shape inside the posts that the pins fit into so I can take it back apart later on and add some after market parts and light it. All in all it took around 2 hours to build including the weathering. If I didn't have to wait for the weathering to dry I'd say this could be built in an hour!

Here's a 1/32 scale A-Wing I am working on...

20180201_212913.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back