Millennium Falcon (5 Foot) Decals?

BTTFSpencer

Sr Member
Who makes the best reproduction decals for the 5 foot Millennium Falcon studio model? :)

I would acquire a sheet for a project and also assist builders in finding original decals in the hopes of recreating them perfectly, I understand that there is at least one 5 footer being built.

Spencer

Hi, I'm not aware of any 5 footer decal sheets available. I know there was a research thread here somewhere, maybe search for that?.
I'll be using original decals taken from the donor kits as much as possible on my build.

Stu

Looking at jbot’s site, there is a listing for a “60" studio scale (1/18)”. If this is supposed to represent the “5-footer”, I would point out that the size is actually 64", without greeblies, just like the “32 incher” is 32" without its greeblies. I dunno if it is just a case of naming it what he did for some reason, but knows the real length to be 64", or if the decals are actually sized for an imaginary 60" Falcon.

Mark

Hi, I'm not aware of any 5 footer decal sheets available. I know there was a research thread here somewhere, maybe search for that?.
I'll be using original decals taken from the donor kits as much as possible on my build.

Stu

Decals,.. OH BOY!

I did the latest version available (YT-1300 Corellian Freighter DECAL SET by ACME™ Inc. MPC/AMT) with a massive amount of research from people on this board. There are 200 some odd decals on the original 5 ft. falcon. Some 400 IF you include the Hash marks.

I have been asked if I would create a set for the 5 foot a few times. I have always said "not so much". When you scale things up you would be surprised at all the flaws that become apparent. And It is more work than I have time for as time spent that can't be recouped financially. So there IS that.

If I was building a 5 ft falcon I would do the same thing your thinking about, I e using original decals taken from the donor kits as much as possible. Which IS what ILM did, SOOOooo,..

To date the http://hamptonroadsscalemodelers.com...filming-model/ web site is probably the most comprehensive site concerning decals at this time if you ask me.

When you get to that point if you have any problems with reference let me know and I will see what I have concerning same.

And by the way your build looks AWSOME!!

Best regards

PS. FYI I do NOT have any more YT-1300 Corellian Freighter DECAL SET by ACME™ Inc. available for any scale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys for showing me all of this, I appreciate it and I enjoy learning about these kinds of things. I was memorised by the 5 foot model when I saw it in person almost a decade a go, I hope that the exhibition goes on the road again.

No matter how many photos you see, there's nothing. I'm a huge BTTF fan, I saw my favourite prop ever, the DeLorean... and there's still NOTHING like looking at that model and having that epic sense of familiarity and seeing it with your own eyes there, it's just so unusual. I don't like the new falcon they're using in the films, doesn't feel right, it's too clean and it's been pancaked somewhat. The fact that it works all the time causes the character of the thing to die down.

The only mistake I made when going to see the 5 footer was being with impatient people. Go alone if we ever get to see a tour again, you can take a lunch.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back