Commander Shepard || Mass Effect Armor build

PlagueMedic

Alright I wanted to make a post detailing my progress for the next few months on making my Shep build. I have already began working on a pep fold of the armor. I'll periodically post my updates with the pep later the resin/fiberglassing process. This will be one hell of a ride.

To start I am mixing elements from ME2 and ME3's N7 armor; choosing what I believe to be the most appealing parts of both.
The main base will be from ME2:
ChestRef.jpg

While as stated before using parts from ME3

Commander_Shepard_in_Mass_Effect_3.png

Build time is projected to take up until July, which is when I would like to have this project completed by.

I also will post all my reference material, so if anyone would like to follow along you can.

good luck with the build your find some good reference builds in the threads and have a look at punished props too.

Under Armor (Texture) / Update

Alright, new update on progress so far. It's minimal but I wanted to post anyway. So, I wanted to work on having the "under armor" so to speak, for Shepard. I turned to Freya Willa's thread which you can find here: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=159296

There she details her entire Fem!shep build, but what I borrowed from it was her texture. I took the texture from this image here, from her post.
Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 4.28.18 AM.png

Luckily the image was a nice enough quality that I could pull a square of the texture from the image. (Originally she had provided her own texture file, but the link unfortunately did not work anymore when I came to find the post.)

Here is my Shep texture file that I made from Freya's:
Shepard Texture 2.jpg

So with the texture now in hand, I now plan to have this printed onto a Zentai (basically a catsuit), with a vertical zipper down the front.

The company I'm going to is called: http://www.zentai-zentai.com/ ; however, there is also http://www.zentaizone.com/ that can do this kind of custom work.

3D Modeling

UPDATE!

Since the Peps do not have the shin armor I am modeling it myself in Fusion 360. I'm pretty rusty to 3D modeling but I'm gonna try my best.

So far this is what I have on the progress:

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 9.39.31 PM.png

I'm using these images here to make the 3D model of the shin armor. I forget where I grabbed them from but I give credit where credit is due, neither of the images are mine.
adsfaaa.jpg

2N7PatternDevelopment.jpg

I plan to model the shin armor and then print it using a 3D printer. The type of filament I plan on using is Ngen which you can find here : https://www.lulzbot.com/store/filament/ngen

If the shin piece goes well I might try modeling a few of the other armor pieces. If anyone is interested please let me know. Really the only other 3D N7 model source right now costs like 200 dollars and to me that is ridiculous. I'm willing to work on this and just give it out as long as people are interested.

Anyway, wish me luck!!

----update!----

Here's some of the progress to the 3D sculpt. I'm making two versions, one freehanded and one using one of the images from above. So far its proving to be quite difficult, but nevertheless a fun challenge! I'll keep posting updates on the progress when I get closer to a more accurate model.

Also here are the pics of progress!

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 1.31.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 1.36.22 PM.png

Last edited:
Pep Progress

Quick update here, I just wanted to share some quick progress on the pep.

So far I have completed the abdomen section of the pep N7 armor and one of the shoulders!

28763148_1598582626925931_6863075744340246528_n.jpg

So far the plan is to finish the chest first and then move on to the arms, then legs. This particular pep model I am using is the ME2 one, and so for it has proven to fold quite nicely. Only time will tell if the rest of the build will fold as nice.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back