Blue Stinger Beetleborg Build (Blue Beet Juuko B-Fighter)

JosueFM

Hello everyone!

This is my first build here on the RPF, I'm excited to get everything documented!

So I will be tackling this bad boy over the next couple of months, all by hand!

Blue_Stinger_Borg.jpg

First off a big shout out and thank you to Wondersquid for his awesome reference pictures he put out! Without those, I would
have been at a loss on where to start!

I am going to be streaming my progress on my Twitch channel, so if you ever want to see what I'm doing, swing by!

So, I am making most of the armor out of EVA Foam. (Original prop was fiberglass casting, but I dont have the time/money for that :p )
Once all the armor is accounted for, I will move onto modeling the helmet for Pepakura and fiberglassing that up.

Today I started making my paper templates and figuring out how I am going to be putting this bad boy on.

20180226_191422.jpg

The shoulder armor is giving me problems already, but I am close to figuring that out.

I am planning weekly updates on this thread, and frequent updates on my socials. (Find those on my profile)

More pics coming soon!

Sorry for the delay in updates!
I got really busy with work (Freelance film production) and ran into some health issues!

But while I was busy I kept busy with the project!

I had a friend come over and help me make a poor man's body form with duct tape, and also a set of patterns for the chest plate!
20180322_155228_Burst01.jpg20180322_155140.jpg

4 total pieces, 2 in the front and 2 in the back.

From there I went ahead and gave the patterns a try to see if I needed to adjust anything.

20180322_155300.jpg

Sadly I wasnt able to glue them together because I ran out of contact cement, so that will have to wait.
In the mean time, I decided to figure out how I was going to build the Input Magnum, Blue Beet's side arm.
InputMagnum.JPGInputMagnumOutline.JPG

As of now, I am going with a MDF and Foam build for this. MDF for the base and the details made out of the foam.

Hopefully my health issues don't slow me down, but I will keep trying to make progress!
Most of my building I stream on my Twitch, so give it a visit if you are into it!

Holy crap, so I'm still alive...

I wont bore you with why this thread was quiet for almost 3 months, so lets just say I'm alive and moving on.

Lets start off with the first attempt at the pattern was lacking some allowance for the foam thickness, so It was slightly too tight. I altered and here is where we stand\

20180521_210530.jpg

I decided that once i re-did the pattern, I would do some of the initial design alterations in the front. That front panel is inset and glued in ala the hot glue method??

20180521_210538.jpg20180521_210551.jpg

Then I drew out the vents on the side, and did the same thing.

20180521_212959.jpg

So this is where I am right now, decent progress in a night, being out of it for a couple months :facepalm

20180522_214124.jpg

Most of the small details will be etched in after I build the rest of it, and it will all come together in the paint job.
I am gonna tackle some of the smaller pieces like the gauntlets and shin guards while I wait for funds to get more
foam to finish the chest.

I have 3 months to finish this baby, so I am giving my self a month and a half to finish all construction, and then a month and a half to finish the helmet and paint jobs.

This is what is driving me and getting me out of bed in the mornings right now, so thanks for keeping me company through this!

Very glad to hear you're alive, i hope your health continues to improve and i'm very excited to see progress on the build.
Good health and good luck with the build :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back