CHAPPiE Head Project

skynet23 kindly sent through the hose connectors, and they are perfect...test fitted them with some 15mm rubber tube that I ordered:

Mpc9Xkd.jpg

sAQswVX.jpg

Last edited:
Managed to sort out some simple circle code for the pro mini arduino boards to display on the OLED. I prefer the screen/display look for the eyes, so can start mounting them to the head. The screens are more blue in person, as they appear white on camera:

z1VoCFd.jpg

l7pQLw6.jpg

UF2jDJ8.jpg

jIiF9G0.jpg

Last edited:
Test fitted the OLED eyes into place today and I am happy with the results. I cut out a strip of mesh from an old speaker and rolled it into shape.

I have all the electronics in hand now, so time to get on and sand the lid before painting it:

IhgMSmw.jpg

WSRvHQB.jpg

Looking great! Cant wait to see it finished. Those panels worked out great for the eyes, i would have loved some of those! Sadly, they're much to expensive for my project :) But they look really damn good!

Thank you for all the encouragement, I have just about finished.

I would firstly like to thank Razmataz who put in all the time and effort to provide the community with the awesome files to make this build possible. Secondly to skynet23 for not only printing the files, but for designing and making additional parts to complete my build...you are a legend for putting up with me :)
Thank you also to amuelb for the inspiration and encouragement throughout, can't wait to see you complete your build!

Took some pics this morning...

Lq9cCHP.jpg

kRTym5w.jpg

CHb2g5b.jpg

iq1WQMS.jpg

cPiGmdD.jpg

sNjfzVA.jpg

brSBIgm.jpg

J31NH6d.jpg

1zwf3L9.jpg

vLeEo15.jpg

AKdWevB.jpg

g99wWvU.jpg

LUcudqW.jpg

Woww!!! Thank's for sharing this pics, it's beautiful!!! I'm more than happy to see what you made with my .STL files, thank's!!!!

Inspiring build, particularly the paint and finish. Don't think you could have nailled it any better.

Making me want to go back and watch the film again!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Woww!!! Thank's for sharing this pics, it's beautiful!!! I'm more than happy to see what you made with my .STL files, thank's!!!!

Thank you for the time you have invested in the designs , the files were perfect!

Holy sh@@! An epic build, well done mate:)

Cheers, thank you for your skill and efforts in this build! You are a wizard with a 3D printer!

Very nice build, looks great. The paint work is absolutely bang on.

Cheers, I loved weathering him!

Inspiring build, particularly the paint and finish. Don't think you could have nailled it any better.

Making me want to go back and watch the film again!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cheers, spent a lot of time on trying to replicate the stickers, except the front one amuelb designed which is perfect, and the B&W one sent direct from Weta.

There are some minor finishing details I wish to improve on, but I am happy to display it in my living room,

Working on one of these myself. What are you using for the grill for the eyes. Do you have a link to the product? Also a link to the eyes, are they adafruits? Truly an awesome build. Thanks.

does anyone have sound clips? if not i will make some. I finished the arduino code for this and once complete I will release it . razmataz made a great file! thank you for your file and I a not making a build log but am doing everything on my Forlabs Form2 printer. the quality is absolutely amazing on this printer. I was going to CNC it but not worth the effort.

Chappie arduino code complete ! after about two days of coding I finally finished the code on the eyes. It’s the proper boot up sequence from the movie, with accurate times!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back