Indy props photo shoot

Panaflex

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been slowly documenting my props by setting up photo shoots with some decent lighting and camera equipment.
I thought I'd share the Indy stuff I have.

The cherubs are from Sskunky and the Idol is just the Sideshow version. I know the Idol is not the best but I purchased it when I first started prop collecting and didn't know any better. Anyway on with the photos.

FullSizeRender 2.jpg
FullSizeRender 3.jpg
FullSizeRender 5.jpg
FullSizeRender 6.jpg
IMG_2144.JPG

Nice shots...well done. I have a pair of Sskunky Cherubs that were unfinished. I applied gold leaf and it looks good in the right light but no where near as good as the full metalized version you have. Your lighting for this shoot is excellent.

Ride Guy

Nice shots...well done. I have a pair of Sskunky Cherubs that were unfinished. I applied gold leaf and it looks good in the right light but no where near as good as the full metalized version you have. Your lighting for this shoot is excellent.

Ride Guy

Thank you Rideguy. Sskunky did an incredible job with the cherubs. I'd like to see your gold leaf as well.
I wouldn't mind having the full ark kit that's available now but I wouldn't know where to put it!

Agreed. From what I've seen of his work it is top shelf for sure. I always fancied making a Ark and creating a coffee table for the movie room. 1:1 it is a little big for that not to mention cleaning spills off of it and having my face melted. HA!

Here are two pics of the Cherubs I gold leafed. It's not near the quality of the finished set you have but in dim light on either side of the theater screen, it's a neat having them in the glow of the movie.

I'm looking forward to more of your photography.

4M9M4NUl.jpg
aiq2nJQl.jpg

Attachments

• 4M9M4NUm.jpg
    4M9M4NUm.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 199
Wow, those look great, congrats on taking it on yourself and pulling it off, nice work!
Thanks for sharing.

P.S. I dig your idol, which one is that?

It's a bronze cast by HandSchaub. I like it a lot. I have one from the Indy stunt show but it is not screen accurate and had been beat to *#($. The bronze is beefy and really feels like a piece of art.

Here's a side by side comparison
PxVKODkl.jpg

It's a bronze cast by HandSchaub. I like it a lot. I have one from the Indy stunt show but it is not screen accurate and had been beat to *#($. The bronze is beefy and really feels like a piece of art.

Here's a side by side comparison
View attachment 798379

Wow, I haven't seen the stunt show version. Curious that they never got a more realistic idol. So cool that you were able to collect that.
That HandSchaub version is really nice. Being bronze it must feel like your holding a real gold one!

Wow, I haven't seen the stunt show version. Curious that they never got a more realistic idol. So cool that you were able to collect that.
That HandSchaub version is really nice. Being bronze it must feel like your holding a real gold one!

The Stunt Show one was recreated by Disney to it would show better from a distance. Since the audience is back from the temple set, it needed to be slightly larger and have features exaggerated while still retaining the vibe of the original. Also, notice the baby being "birthed" is missing as well. It was "Disney-fied" to not highlight the fertility aspect. Yes you're right, the bronze is super hefty. I'll weigh it some time and post it. It's hollow but still substantial. I just have to hit it will a billet polish every few months or so to keep the shine.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back