Rey's Saber contest winner announced

Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up

Ok, who wants to do the final tally? Looks like M ran away with it.

Let's do a member reveal at 6:00 EST

I know everyone has been chomping at the bit to find out who made each saber

Ok, who wants to do the final tally? Looks like M ran away with it.

Let's do a member reveal at 6:00 EST

What GMT time is that?

Not me. To be honest, it doesn´t matters a little bit who made what.

Better than many other contests here, where it often looked more who liked whom, than the final product.

My vote for M had nothing to do with it being based on a Graflex and everything to do with the fact that it's the only one I can imagine actually appearing in the next film. (From concept to finish. It tells a story, fits within the established aesthetic world, and has been weathered beautifully.)

This.^^ Ultimately the movies are transitioning to a new generation. The importance of a Jedi making his or her own saber has taken traction with the Clone Wars and Rebels. Rey has the pieces of Luke's historic saber and her trusty staff to work with. As much as I find the concept of a more quarterstaff vs. saber emphasis intriguing I think it is too ambitious to realistically succeed given the history at this point. Perhaps in the next trilogy. If the powers that be did write the winner of this contest into IX it would be a serious shot in the arm for this forum and the hobby in general.

Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Contest ends today please vote

Hey @roygilsing ! With current DST + EST you're looking at 22:00 GMT or UTC assuming @kevin926 meant 6:00PM.
yes, I meant 6 pm. Of course there are plenty outside this time frame where it will be very late or early in the morning , so just post some time tomorrow or at your earliest convenience. The voting has hit a wall. Maybe one or two more members may chime in. So unless we get a complete voting frenzy, it looks as if M is the winner.

I am really excited to find out who made my favorite! I really want to make a replica of it and get some details! Congratulations to all the builders and the fine work that went into your builds!!!

Not me. To be honest, it doesn´t matters a little bit who made what.

Better than many other contests here, where it often looked more who liked whom, than the final product.
maybe what I should have said was, the builders are chomping at the bit to reveal themselves :lol. Glad you liked the contest, and I'm happy with the anonymity entries. Maybe this could be a new format with upcoming contests, everyone seems to like this

There's lotys of parts I need to know the root of for custom sabers...

Come to an end the contest has :)
Congratulations M fantastic work...
Now...Who are you?

Is there still an hour left, I think I confused myself...

I'm going to play a guessing game here. Thinking O and P were the same builder. Both gloves look identical. There were a couple of builders that said they were thinking about multiple submissions. And because of the sleeves and hidden background, I'm pretty sure who the builder is :rolleyes

actually, let's all play the guessing game. Try to guess the builder of each saber before they announce it themselves. It can't hurt anything and the voting has completely stalled. Only minutes away from being over.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back