Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member Bengrim09's Avatar
    From
    Uk Lancashire
    Mar 9, 2018, 1:19 AM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up #151

The tension is killing me.
    I hope there’s a mass influx of voting on the last day that turns this competition upside down

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75EE391D-1321-4DD6-B89D-B636E843A64F.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	385.8 KB 
ID:	801075
    Last edited by Bengrim09; Mar 9, 2018 at 1:24 AM.
    From
    Nashville
    Mar 9, 2018, 12:24 PM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up #152

It came down to E or K for me and I will go with E...GREAT job everyone!!!
    From
    Nashville
    Mar 9, 2018, 4:19 PM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up #153

Also interested in a Rey staff/saber contest!
    Mar 9, 2018, 4:21 PM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up #154

The winner will be announced Sunday , however, it looks as if M has ran away with it. Goes to show everyone that the Graflex is still king.
  5. RPF Premium Member Bengrim09's Avatar
    From
    Uk Lancashire
    Mar 10, 2018, 1:55 AM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up #155

kevin926 said: View Post
    The winner will be announced Sunday , however, it looks as if M has ran away with it. Goes to show everyone that the Graflex is still king.
    The Graflex is undoubtedly the best for Luke’s saber, but unsure that Ray should use it as her own saber, she now has her own identity and her own path to follow, hopefully the next saber that is designed for her really stands out and will have the iconic look and feel to it over the years, just like Luke’s King Graflex

I find your lack of faith disturbing, M is not the one you are looking for, there is still time for a change in leadership !! Together D and E could rule the forum and bring peace to the RPF

sorry I couldn’t resist
    Mar 10, 2018, 3:21 AM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up #156

I'm going to vote for C, I like the not too overt cues taken from the Graflex, but it still feels very Star Wars to me. Great job everyone!
    From
    United Kingdom
    Mar 10, 2018, 5:12 PM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up #157

I'm voting for L.
    From
    NEBRASKA
    Mar 10, 2018, 5:36 PM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up #158

Bengrim09 said: View Post
    The Graflex is undoubtedly the best for Luke’s saber, but unsure that Ray should use it as her own saber, she now has her own identity and her own path to follow, hopefully the next saber that is designed for her really stands out and will have the iconic look and feel to it over the years, just like Luke’s King Graflex

I find your lack of faith disturbing, M is not the one you are looking for, there is still time for a change in leadership !! Together D and E could rule the forum and bring peace to the RPF

sorry I couldn’t resist
    I voted for M, but absolutely loved D and E: both are terrific designs. If M wasn't in the running I totally would have voted for E!
    From
    Southern California
    Mar 10, 2018, 7:27 PM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up #159

Bengrim09 said: View Post
    I find your lack of faith disturbing, M is not the one you are looking for, there is still time for a change in leadership !!
    My vote for M had nothing to do with it being based on a Graflex and everything to do with the fact that it's the only one I can imagine actually appearing in the next film. (From concept to finish. It tells a story, fits within the established aesthetic world, and has been weathered beautifully.)
  10. RPF Premium Member Bengrim09's Avatar
    From
    Uk Lancashire
    Mar 11, 2018, 4:02 AM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up #160

nickytea said: View Post
    My vote for M had nothing to do with it being based on a Graflex and everything to do with the fact that it's the only one I can imagine actually appearing in the next film. (From concept to finish. It tells a story, fits within the established aesthetic world, and has been weathered beautifully.)
    Couldn’t agree with you more that was my vote also
  11. RPF Premium Member kevin926's Avatar
    Mar 11, 2018, 10:33 AM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up #161

Ok, who wants to do the final tally? Looks like M ran away with it.

Let's do a member reveal at 6:00 EST

I know everyone has been chomping at the bit to find out who made each saber
  12. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    Mar 11, 2018, 11:06 AM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up #162

Ok, who wants to do the final tally? Looks like M ran away with it.

Let's do a member reveal at 6:00 EST

What GMT time is that?
    From
    Germany
    Mar 11, 2018, 11:52 AM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up #163

Not me. To be honest, it doesn´t matters a little bit who made what.

Better than many other contests here, where it often looked more who liked whom, than the final product.
  14. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Mar 11, 2018, 11:59 AM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Contest ends today please vote #164

standing by for the winner!
    From
    Nashville, TN
    Mar 11, 2018, 12:29 PM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up #165

nickytea said: View Post
    This.^^ Ultimately the movies are transitioning to a new generation. The importance of a Jedi making his or her own saber has taken traction with the Clone Wars and Rebels. Rey has the pieces of Luke's historic saber and her trusty staff to work with. As much as I find the concept of a more quarterstaff vs. saber emphasis intriguing I think it is too ambitious to realistically succeed given the history at this point. Perhaps in the next trilogy. If the powers that be did write the winner of this contest into IX it would be a serious shot in the arm for this forum and the hobby in general.
  16. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Mar 11, 2018, 12:30 PM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Contest ends today please vote #166

Hey @roygilsing ! With current DST + EST you're looking at 22:00 GMT or UTC assuming @kevin926 meant 6:00PM.
    Mar 11, 2018, 1:22 PM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Contest ends today please vote #167

Whilst still not knowing who made the entry, Q entrant; fine job.
  18. RPF Premium Member kevin926's Avatar
    Mar 11, 2018, 2:13 PM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Contest ends today please vote #168

Ridire Firean said: View Post
    Hey @roygilsing ! With current DST + EST you're looking at 22:00 GMT or UTC assuming @kevin926 meant 6:00PM.
    yes, I meant 6 pm. Of course there are plenty outside this time frame where it will be very late or early in the morning , so just post some time tomorrow or at your earliest convenience. The voting has hit a wall. Maybe one or two more members may chime in. So unless we get a complete voting frenzy, it looks as if M is the winner.
    Mar 11, 2018, 2:23 PM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Contest ends today please vote #169

I am really excited to find out who made my favorite! I really want to make a replica of it and get some details! Congratulations to all the builders and the fine work that went into your builds!!!
  20. RPF Premium Member kevin926's Avatar
    Mar 11, 2018, 2:27 PM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up #170

Lichtbringer said: View Post
    Not me. To be honest, it doesn´t matters a little bit who made what.

Better than many other contests here, where it often looked more who liked whom, than the final product.
    maybe what I should have said was, the builders are chomping at the bit to reveal themselves . Glad you liked the contest, and I'm happy with the anonymity entries. Maybe this could be a new format with upcoming contests, everyone seems to like this
    From
    Los Angeles
    Mar 11, 2018, 2:38 PM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Contest ends today please vote #171

There's lotys of parts I need to know the root of for custom sabers...
  22. RPF Premium Member kevin926's Avatar
    Mar 11, 2018, 3:02 PM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Contest ends today please vote #172

SethS said: View Post
    There's lotys of parts I need to know the root of for custom sabers...
    alot of tubes, paint, shiny round things and plenty of whozy what's it's
    Mar 11, 2018, 3:20 PM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Contest ends today please vote #173

There's even a doodad or two!
    From
    Portchester UK
    Mar 11, 2018, 4:01 PM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Contest ends today please vote #174

Come to an end the contest has
    Congratulations M fantastic work...
    Now...Who are you?

Is there still an hour left, I think I confused myself...
    From
    Nashville, TN
    Mar 11, 2018, 4:21 PM - Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Contest ends today please vote #175

alot of tubes, paint, shiny round things and plenty of whozy what's it's
    AnubisGuard said: View Post
    There's even a doodad or two!
    A bit of the whozy what's it's, a doodad or two and a dash of thingamabob... congratulations all those involved. you're the best of the best...