Rey's Saber contest winner announced

Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up

Did we ever have voting requirements? We've had issues with first time posters entering votes in the past.

Great entries by everyone, but I'm going to go with M. Love the lived-in feel of the rusty metal.

Yeah let's get some people with actual taste voting in here!
;P

There are a couple of extensive therpf Rey threads but so far I have not seen a cross-over from those contributors/posters to either of the Rey lightsaber threads. Those individuals have spent a lot of time focused on Rey's aesthetic. I thought about posting a message in those threads, but decided it was not my place to make that decision.

There are a couple of extensive therpf Rey threads but so far I have not seen a cross-over from those contributors/posters to either of the Rey lightsaber threads. Those individuals have spent a lot of time focused on Rey's aesthetic. I thought about posting a message in those threads, but decided it was not my place to make that decision.
kevin926
What might help is a bit more inviting and informative text in the first post. Info written as if the voter doesn't know what it's about. Making ANY visitor aware that his or her vote is called for. Not just 'this is the voting page'. Maybe opening with 'What will Rey's lightsaber look like in the upcoming episode now that Luke's saber has been destroyed?. YOU CAN NOW DECIDE!'.

BTW: I'm happy with the anonymity of the voting, even though it's VERY hard to keep it secret and not giving away hints :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree, I really dig the anonymity of the entries. It allows us to vote on design and aesthetics based on our own personal thoughts of each hilt.

I can't wait for the final tally because there are one or two entries I want to build a similar example of to add to my own collection!

I agree, I really dig the anonymity of the entries. It allows us to vote on design and aesthetics based on our own personal thoughts of each hilt.

I can't wait for the final tally because there are one or two entries I want to build a similar example of to add to my own collection!
i want mine to win !!! and Disney can use it on there next movie !! I will then collect all the royalties, become rich, buy lots of screen used props, pay off my mortgage and become a legend ! :lol Have I told you I live in cookoo land with the fairies :D

Everything is so good. But I was really hoping someone would do a full on saber pike or saber staff. Or take on an unstable lightside saber. Oh well. So in the absence of those I have to go with M. I love the idea of her repairing it like that, it feels very Rey.

Very awesome entries WiWith all things considered entry M seemed the most like Rey. My vote for entry M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, 1 vote per member. Pick a letter and post it :thumbsup

Hey, I think what he meant was that we are soon going to have a lot of new 1 post members posting that they are voting for that or that saber. It happened on the custom blaster challenge and it was decided that only users on the RPF before the challenge begun could vote. There are already 2 posts here of new members. In my opinion, they should be ignored. ;)

Hey, I think what he meant was that we are soon going to have a lot of new 1 post members posting that they are voting for that or that saber. It happened on the custom blaster challenge and it was decided that only users on the RPF before the challenge begun could vote. There are already 2 posts here of new members. In my opinion, they should be ignored. ;)

I guess I better jump in and say I'll vouch for one of them. My partner in prop-making is my awesome wife, who has an entry in this contest. :love She wanted to be able to vote, so she signed up on the forum. That aside, all of the entries are awesome and it looks like everyone worked long and hard to get the design out of their heads and into a real item we all can see and admire! After many days of pondering over which saber to choose, I finally decided on D. Other than our own entries, saber D just always caught my eye as I scrolled endlessly up and down looking at all of the fantastic hilts. Great job everyone!

This competition is all in the name of fun, nobody should be ignored, a member is a member, a vote is a vote, for me it doesn’t matter who wins, if a builder gets 20 family members or friends to join and vote for there saber !!! Who cares, I only care that I have confidence in my build to get a vote and I’ve really really enjoyed getting involved with you all and I will raise my glass to the winner, if 20 newbies vote for me I won’t grumble or ignore them, to me that’s 20 more members to the RPF, in the fairness of good faith for the competition and all new members, vote away and let your vote be heard.

you'll see that some of the people will likely care ;) and they most probably won't be more members to the rpf, just friends of some of the participant that will never come back. last time, one of the participant was a teacher and all his students came to vote for him, he himself said that they should be ignored for the count.
but you guys decide what you want, what is important is that all the participant are ok with that and don't feel annoyed by those new members votes.
cheers :)

@kevin926
What might help is a bit more inviting and informative text in the first post. Info written as if the voter doesn't know what it's about. Making ANY visitor aware that his or her vote is called for. Not just 'this is the voting page'. Maybe opening with 'What will Rey's lightsaber look like in the upcoming episode now that Luke's saber has been destroyed?. YOU CAN NOW DECIDE!'.

BTW: I'm happy with the anonymity of the voting, even though it's VERY hard to keep it secret and not giving away hints :)
yeah, that escaped my mind. I am slammed with work, and to be Honest, I turned in an uncompleted saber just to make sure I didn't miss my own contest :facepalm. It was far enough along but I knew I just didn't have time to keep going. Needless to say, other aspects and details could have been better taken care of by me. If you don't mind, I will cut and paste your post and put it on the front page, on top

Great work by everyone!

My vote is for D, (with I in second, and E in third)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back