Marto sword used in Highlander series

Freebooter

Look what I got off ebay for 50 bucks. Of course it is not THE one used in the series, but the very model by Marto. Mine does not have the scroll work on Marto's advertised model, but has the Marto Emblem on the blade and the blood grroove like the ones in the show. I could not figure out how to post the pics I just took of mine with my phone, just my computer. Naturally! I also have several other copies of the ones used in the series. I have Kalas' Marto Excalibur, a Civil War cav sword used in several series, a Viking sword like Kanwulf's, etc I picked up in Pawnshops, etc. I would like to have all 92 or so swords used in the series one day. and just line my walls with them. The Charles V Sword was used in:
-----------------------
S1Episode 12; "Eyewitness": Used by the Police Chief: “Charles V Sword, bronze” by Marto
S1Episode 14; “For Evil’s Sake”: used by Christophe Kuyler the Mime and assassin: Same “Charles V Sword” by Marta used by the Chief in Eyewitness. The only good look at it is in the pic Mathpiglet posted in his episode assessment on a Highlander discussion forum. You can see the blade and guard good and also the one of the flat “wings” of the pommel sticking out. I believe it is the same sword.:
S2Ep4. "The Darkness" ; Used by the immortal who came looking for his girlfriend fought with the “Charles V Sword” by Marto
S2Ep12. "Under Color of Authority"; used by Maco: appears to be the “Charles V Sword” by Marto
S2Ep14/15. "Unholy Alliance", Part 1 & 2 : Used by Anton (one of the Immies that Xavier
13. CHARLES V Bronze swd BY MARTO.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, several others were on their for like $150 on up. I jumped on that $50 dollar one. While we all know Marto swords have stainless blades, it is none the less very well made, well balanced and solid. I love it. I just took pics of the one i have with my phone but could not figure out how to transfer them to my computer so I could post them. I used to send pics from my phone to my Facebook messenger thing then save them to my pictures on my computer, but alas, I am currently serving 30 days in "Facebook Jail". LOL! I have several others from Highlander too. Kalas', Kanwulf's, and a Civil War sabre as used in several episodes.

Very nice, looks like a *******/hand a half sword to me.

Btw, it's not a blood groove, it's called a fuller and its purpose was to help make the sword lighter without making it weaker.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back