A DeAgostini Millennium Falcon to join the ranks

joshjhall

Lots of really amazing builds already on the forum and around the net. Not sure I'll be able to stand up to some of them, but I'll have fun trying :)

I started the project a few weeks ago, and it's obviously going to be a long pull. My objective is build something that I think looks good. I totally get the desire to build something as close to the shooting model as possible, but there are pros and cons to that. The big one being the shooting model was designed for celluloid, and this will be displayed for up close inspection. So, I'm going to attempt more of a museum type outcome (assuming such a thing makes sense) rather than a shooting model. There will be plenty of 3D printed, photo etch, scratch built, and other modifications before we're done. As the bard once said, "In for a penny, in for a pound."

I've started by making a bit of progress on the nose cone. I didn't like the shape of the windows, which as many people have pointed out aren't quite screen accurate. More importantly (to me), the larger windows put the look off balance. Rather than purchasing a 3D printed replacement, I decided a bit of scratch modification would suffice for this part.

Here are a few of the before and after shots for comparison.

_DSC0457.jpg_DSC0384.jpg_DSC0383.jpg_DSC0458.jpg

I'm pretty satisfied with the results so far. More to come soon, as there are other areas I'm working on in parallel to the cockpit and nose cone.

More detail and images at https://yaplabs.com/workshop/2018/2/19/the-de-bergerac-effect

G’day Josh ,

Nice to see a new Deago MF thread/build being shared . Like what you’ve done with the 3 - piece cockpit too so far .

I realise there’s a great many builds on here that can answer and inspire certain aspects you haven’t even considered yet ( least ways true for me ) , but if you’re interested there’s a gentleman who’s IMHO one the best , his blogs @ ianlawrencemodels.com
He’s already completed an incredible OOTB build , and his yet to be finished ANH modded one ( also Deago ) is simply stunning .

Anyhoo , looking forward to seeing future updates .

:cheersGed

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back