Blade Runner Blaster - Overall Dimensions?

Studio 49

Sr Member
Hey everybody I'm usually in the Star Wars sub-forum but I now find myself having been bitten by the bug of wanting a Blade Runner blaster!

So I'm wanting to have a crack at making myself a Blaster from scratch, most likely a metal and 3D Printed hybrid. I'm hoping to have a CNC machine soon so I want to put it to good use of course ;)

I've built up a pretty decent library of reference pics but in my time searching around here and on PropSummit I've yet to find a definitive number on the general dimensions of the size of the blaster would love some help please :)

I'm chasing the Length x Width x Height please, once I have those locked down the rest should progress nicely as I know what I'm scaling off of.
Any help would be deeply appreciated please guys as my searches thus far have turned up nothing solid.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're familiar with my work you'll know I love a good challenge so I always try and build stuff myself, usually with a lot of 3D Modelling and such, figure I may as well put my Industrial Design/Product Design skillet to good use!

Another reason I'm wanting to build it myself is that I'm located in Australia so there's no way I'm wanting to try and import metal replicas and such, I'm sure that there's ways you can but I love a good challenge anyway haha

40368230192_d3f23849be_o.png

Good to see you in the main prop forum Studio 49.

Doesn't the classic 2019 have clear grips?

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see you in the main prop forum @Studio 49.
Doesn't the classic 2019 have clear grips?

Hey there mate great to hear from you :)

It sure does have clear grips mate, you're bang on with that (probably should have mentioned that in the first post in retrospect)
The pics of Tomenosuke baster below should give a pretty good indication of what they look like.

As for how I'd achieve it I'll worry about the nitty gritty should I be able to get the ball rolling and up to that point but, in an ideal world I'd love to have a crack at casting some grips myself. Figure it's a good excuse to get in and at least have a go. And if that doesn't work I'll try some other solutions

badass-tomenosuke-2049-blade-runner-blaster-prop-replica-social.jpg

Hey there mate great to hear from you :)

It sure does have clear grips mate, you're bang on with that (probably should have mentioned that in the first post in retrospect)
The pics of Tomenosuke baster below should give a pretty good indication of what they look like.

As for how I'd achieve it I'll worry about the nitty gritty should I be able to get the ball rolling and up to that point but, in an ideal world I'd love to have a crack at casting some grips myself. Figure it's a good excuse to get in and at least have a go. And if that doesn't work I'll try some other solutions

http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...-blaster-prop-replica-social.jpg?format=1000w

Lucky for you, I am fairly local and have both a degassing chamber and a big pressure pot. If you want help in that department of course.

Its not impossible to get metal blasters in (I have 4 x of them) but it can be hit and miss.

SK001.jpg

Best of luck mate.., looking forward to seeing how this works out.

M

Its not impossible to get metal blasters in (I have 4 x of them) but it can be hit and miss.

http://www.markraats.com/Raats_Downloads/SK001.jpg

M
I think he wants to machine his parts and is just looking for accurate sizing. Studio 49 is a bit of a wizard with CAD, so designing custom parts won't be a problem for him.

Lucky for you, I am fairly local and have both a degassing chamber and a big pressure pot. If you want help in that department of course.
Thanks so much mate that's really kind of you, I know you're awesome with all things casting related and was absolutely going to pick your brains for some expertise if I get to that point, especially with the amazing stuff that I've seen you do with your Nike replicas! Those are awesome
I'll take you up on the offer it it still suits when I get there :D

http://www.markraats.com/Raats_Downloads/SK001.jpg

M

Ah that's awesome to here, I had feeling there'd been a number of guys down here that had imported them. In fact your blaster and your website has been a massive source of information, you've created a stunning blaster mate! Can't help but be inspired :)

I think he wants to machine his parts and is just looking for accurate sizing. Studio 49 is a bit of a wizard with CAD, so designing custom parts won't be a problem for him.

Yup you hit the nail on the head mate, I'm chasing the Length x Width x Height dimensions since I can use that to nail down the 3D model and make sure I'm doing things at teh right size.

And thanks for the kind words mate, always love a bit of 3D work :D

Thanks so much mate that's really kind of you, I know you're awesome with all things casting related and was absolutely going to pick your brains for some expertise if I get to that point, especially with the amazing stuff that I've seen you do with your Nike replicas! Those are awesome
I'll take you up on the offer it it still suits when I get there :D

Once you get the scaling right and have created your 3D CAD, you can 3D print master parts for the grips and then from there, I am happy to show you around the molding and casting process.

Ah that's awesome to here, I had feeling there'd been a number of guys down here that had imported them. In fact your blaster and your website has been a massive source of information, you've created a stunning blaster mate! Can't help but be inspired :)

The honour is mine. Thank you and best of luck.

MARK

Check out Tomenosuke's Blog. There are many posts there and it is best to follow the tags. They posted a few blueprints there for specific parts and there are lots of image of the gun in various degrees of assembly.

I am right now using this picture from this blog post for reference for the grip frame. I noticed that some drill holes are a little bit off though so I think it might be a few years outdated.
I am only accurising a squirt gun, with scaling factor 2.7642 pixels/mm which seems right for it ... but I am itching to rebuild part by part from aluminium later on.

Last edited:
Check out Tomenosuke's Blog. There are many posts there and it is best to follow the tags. They posted a few blueprints there for specific parts and there are lots of image of the gun in various degrees of assembly.

I am right now using this picture from this blog post for reference for the grip frame. I noticed that some drill holes are a little bit off though so I think it might be a few years outdated.
I am only accurising a squirt gun, with scaling factor 2.7642 pixels/mm which seems right for it ... but I am itching to rebuild part by part from aluminium later on.

If you use the pic Darth Lars linked to and the measurements Sean supplied in this thread https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=284455&highlight=blade+runner+blaster
you should be good.

Thanks so much for the links guys, that looks to be exactly what I was after!
Looking forward to diving into the info and getting started on a 3D model as soon as I get some spare time :)

Hey if. you are still thinking of doing this, I know the dimensions of both of the barrels. The inner barrel's diameter is 3.683 cm (1.45") and the outer one is 5.207 cm (2.05"). I am doing the same thing that you were doing or are doing.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back