• It was okay. Not too pleased with it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rodneyfaile

Sr Member
Duncan Jones' Mute

Dark Horizons | News | Duncan Jones' "Mute" Becomes A Comic - March 11th 2011
----------
After completing his stunning sci-fi debut "Moon", filmmaker Duncan Jones was looking to develop another project called "Mute" as his follow-up feature. When financing proved too difficult, Jones opted for the studio thriller "Source Code".

Now with that film about to be released, it looks like Jones won't be going back to "Mute" - at least on screen. Jones tells Gordon and the Whale that he's decided to release the property as a graphic novel which should hopefully stir up some interest.

"We’ve had so many problems trying to get this film made, you know? The people who are involved with financing films have just been…shy…shy of making the script. So what we decided to do is we’re going to make a graphic novel of it, prove it…prove it to an audience that this works and maybe in the future get the chance to come back and make it" he says.

"Mute" is set in a future Berlin where a mute bartender goes in search of his abducted girlfriend.
----------

I want this movie so bad!

Re: Mute

Bugger. You and me both!

As long as it's not, y'know, *actual* Blade Runner. I give that a zero percent chance of not sucking. :D

Duncan Jones regarding "Mute" -
---------------
“I wont belabor the point but ‘Mute’ is a very difficult sell,” he said. “There’s two main problems with ‘Mute’ that make it a difficult film to get made: one it’s a science fiction film that doesn’t rely on a particular science fiction conceit or idea. It’s a film noir that just happens to take place in the future. So for film investors its like, ‘Why are we setting this film in the future? Can’t we just do it ‘now’?’ But it’s like, ‘No, that’s not the point.’ And secondly, and this one I completely understand. When you’re trying to get a film made, especially these days at a budget, and by a budget I mean more than $5 million dollars like we did ‘Moon,’ you need an actor of a certain level to bring in the financing to make the financiers feel confident the films going to make enough money to make it all back.”

---------------

I hope this somehow gets made into a movie.

Dark Horse Presents – Duncan Jones & Glenn Fabry – MUTE! | Man Made Movies

Repeating few things which are already listed in the above posts.

Duncan Jones' Script 'Mute' to Become a Graphic Novel | /Film
This was back in 2011.

Mute was going to be set in the Moon-iverse and it's also kind of a homage by Duncan Jones to one of his favourite films, Blade Runner.

Damn studio executives for letting this screenplay pass by, hence Duncan had to make this into a graphic novel instead of a movie.

Duncan Jones will be signing this Mute artwork by Glenn Fabry at the Dark Horse Comics booth today.

From his twitter: "Warcraft signing will be at 11am at booth 3920, Mute signing at 3pm at booth 2615. :) "

I am checking with few of my other friends, but if somebody here is attending the booth, please let me know if you can get an extra copy of the print for me.

(click to enlarge)

Last edited:

Worrr. Jones plus Fabry, chanelling Enki Bilal a little bit. Perfect.

Would have loved to have seen the movie. :(

https://vine.co/v/hKqadBedBZz
Video clip from the booth.

Some pics shared by his wife Rodene.

BPuwXHgCUAA3qOl.jpg:large

BPux-kyCQAE34wT.jpg:large

BPu2r-aCIAAsyM6.jpg:large

It's been so long, I'd given up hope of even seeing the graphic novel. I've google searched for news about it recently. Glad to see its still alive! Maybe it will still become a movie eventually.

Mute%20crop%204.jpg

Mute is part of the 'Moon' Trilogy
Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 12.42.32.png

"But most intriguing of all is Jones' claim that Mute is part of a trilogy started by Moon,and the fact that Sam Rockwell, the same actor who played Sam Bell, has been cast to appear in Mute (along with Paul Rudd and Alexander Skarsgard). Jones hasn't confirmed anything yet, but the inclusion of Rockwell could mean the return of Moon's lonely astronaut--which, considering what happened to Sam Bell out in space, could make for a very interesting plot.

In the wake of a slew of high-profile sci-fi movies like Interstellar, Gravity, and The Martian, audiences have shown an increasing willingness to check out science fiction that runs a little more subtle than space battles and lightsabers. After the giant CGI lightshow that was Warcraft, Jones' more noir-y Mute could end up being the next sci-fi "it" movie, especially if it follows through on its connection to the fan-favorite Moon.

So let's hope that ticket to the Moon wasn't one-way, Sam Bell."

https://www.outerplaces.com/science-fiction/item/13382-duncan-jones-mute-moon-scifi-movie

J

Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 12.42.32.png

Last edited by a moderator:

I REALLY liked moon, Ive always wondered what was happening on earth after his phone call, if they can pull of a nice trilogy tie in with that?? im soooo in for this!!! :eek

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back